Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VG Frond end re-inforcment bars ?

Kurandaman

Kurandaman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Commodore S Ute
Hi guys, first time here and was wondering if anyone knows about how late a model body kit you can put on a vg s ute? I seem to be under the impression you can go up a model or 2. Does it depend on the reinforcement bar that you use?
Any info will be so greatfully appreciated.
Thanks,

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
As he said, you can't go far.

You can only use VN/G(should be the same) or VP.

Seen a VP SS bar on a VN, and it lined up ok (didn't have a thorough look) so using VN grill and lights with VP bar should be ok.

I have also seen a VY SS bar on a VP (green bar on white VP). I laugh so hard with disappointment i didn't have the camera everytime i see it, cause that'd be a pic i'm sure dylan would love.

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
and please dont ruin a vg..... keep to a kit from the same era - VN Aero is probably the best looking you will find

Kurandaman

Kurandaman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Commodore S Ute
All goog on VG s front

Thanks heaps guys, did not really want to play with too much and agree that I should not destroy by putting to late a kit on it. Am thinking now of maloo stuff. Yeh, another maloo look alike but at least I have the vg to start with. Dont want to mess with too much as I believe there were only around 5000 vg utes made.
Someone previously put a glass front end on, looks like areo but as no reinforcement bar, has cracked and split to the *&^%@)! Apart from that, it all still seems original. Got the 6 in it with bucket seats, 5 speed, tacho on dash and goes like the clappers. Have had a couple of o/heating as had blockage in cooling system.
How do I post a pic of it as my title pic. Thanks for your patience.
K-man