Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VG to VS ute Subwoofer enclosure with measurements

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
hey mate i like your design... thinking of using it... but i have a pioneer 12" and the diameter is 327mm (16mm bigger than the fusion one), and the depth is 164mm (36.5mm deeper than fusion). As i cant really see how close the magnet is to the side of the box, do you think this sub will fit? if not, do you have any suggestions to make it fit? such as changing the angle, etc. thanks in advance for your help.

Let me have a look tomorrow at the enclosure and I will get back to you! :)

kendawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commo Ute
thanks man that would be a great help.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
thanks man that would be a great help.

Ok, if you make up another 18mm MDF ring for a spacer, it will give you a mounting depth of 170mm. I hope that helps you :)

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
with this design, only problem i see is the firewall holes bein open, i had the covers off once after fidling, and its bad on a hot day as realy hot air comes in from under the car, and number 2, the fuel smell aint real good at times either, id go for similar design, but with a glass mould of maximum size, with an enclosed 10" like a bandpass box i think they call it, a box in a box, and vent the box infront of the sub sealed against those holes, anyone tried this idea?

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
Mines a sealed box with 12 inch pioneer slimline ported straight into the cab works awsome fiddling with ideas to put another 1400w pioneer slimline next to the other one in there.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
Mines a sealed box with 12 inch pioneer slimline ported straight into the cab works awsome fiddling with ideas to put another 1400w pioneer slimline next to the other one in there.

Oh cool! do you have any build pics or specs?

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
how do you hold the enclosure down?, or once its in there is it so tight it doesn't move around?
Also what do you mean by make sure your sub is suited to a 31lt enclosure?

How do i know what sub is suited?

manny9892

mannfred
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vs commodore ute
hay man i built the box yesterday and it fits sweet havent got sub for it but the plans were real good and it made it so easy

zooyorker99

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg commodore ute 3.8L
Hay great idea

hey yeah great idea i like it when i first saw the box, i am like i gotta do that lol, i finished it like 2 weeks ago and it sounds awesome i put a 12" Cadence sub in it but i used 16mm MDF and it works fine doesn't split .......cheers for the idea