Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vg Ute low fuel pressure

Coxy442

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg commodore
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can tell me why my vg has low fuel pressure coming out the tank, I have replaced fuel pump, fuel filter cleaned the pump cradle lines but still bugger all pressure, I changed the injectors just to be sure but still hasn’t started, will start if I spray start ya bastard down the intake but not for long,
Could it it be the fuel tank breathers there the only things not connected

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
how much fuel you have in it. put another 5 or so litres in it if its only got 5 litres in it .
otherwise start trying to measure fuel pressure and look at the fuel pressure reg

Coxy442

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg commodore
I’ll go down the servo and get some more fuel only put around 7 litres in it last time, if not I’ll have a look at the pressure reg ect

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did you label the fuel and return lines to make sure they went on the correct way. It's easy to swap them by accident.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Checked the vacuum line on the fuel pressure reg? Or even just the reg itself?

Also, how are you measuring fuel pressure and where did you get your new injectors from?

Coxy442

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg commodore
Checked the vacuum line on the fuel pressure reg? Or even just the reg itself?

Also, how are you measuring fuel pressure and where did you get your new injectors from?
Will have a loot at the vacuum line for reg and injectors came off a running car

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
How do you it has low fuel pressure?

If they're unkown history I'd just change f/pump & filters but also check relay & wiring not only has power but correct volts with multimeter when bridge plug under dash.

Regulator can only check vacuum hose is connected & if it leaks fuel..otherwise buy a gauage to be 100% sure.