Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Vg vr vs ute ls1 tailshaft

Kc686

Kane686
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg commodore ute
For anyone that has done the ls1 into vg vr vs Utes, what tailshaft did you use ? Or did you get one made ? I've done the LS t56 conversion into my vg and trying to get the cheapest way out of a tailshaft, closest I've found is an auto shaft out of a vs ute but about 2 inches of the shaft is still out so not all the way in like a normal one would be.. And don't anyone try tell me an earlier model yoke won't fit because I've been trying auto and manual t5 shafts out of vn to vt an they all go in perfectly

KuntMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp-vz-hilux-zook
Kane how did you go with the tailshaft I have a vp that I am putting an LS in and not sure what shaft to use. I have tried putting the t56 yolk in the t5 and it doesn't fit so I thought that the t5 into t56 would be a little different

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Kane how did you go with the tailshaft I have a vp that I am putting an LS in and not sure what shaft to use. I have tried putting the t56 yolk in the t5 and it doesn't fit so I thought that the t5 into t56 would be a little different

You'll need to go custom or have a VN-VS tail shaft cut down at a minimum. VT won't work because of the doughnut coupler and flange differences, but you can salvage the T56 yoke from it.