Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vh 304 conversion radiator

jb vh sle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle
hey guys im in the middle of a 304 conversion into a vh sle and im stuck on what do do with a the radiator and shroud do i use the the clutch fan on the motor or just piss it off and go with el thermos i have a new aluminium radiator but isnt the best fit any help would be much appreciated cheers.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
pretty sure EL fans are to big.. i know the AU ones are because i had a set and they were way to big. ended up geting this set off ebay ... just notched out the inlet and outlet and they look shmick... only had them running of a test battery so far and they pull a lot of air so they should be good.

check out my build for pics ect im putting a stroker 355 injected in a vh sle

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
I've got ford mondeo fans and they fit perfectly.. El and au are to wide. Another option is a bf single 16" thermo which apparently work and fit very nicely.

Electrical work, Adelaide all areas.
Pm me.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Mondeo fans fit perfectly with a minimal amount of trimming required.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I run a modified VK 5L radiator with standard clutch fan works perfect even on the hottest of hot days. If you want dependability keep the factory setup.

If your running a modified engine with AU or Mondeo fans are the way to go, make sure yu gun atleast an 85A alt to keep your battery charged

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
sits in there perfectly. only thing i had to modify was the rubbers on either side that sit in the channel ... all i did was drill another hole in the rubber to suit the pin off set changing because its a bigger 52mm core. its just a cheap one of ebay but its the only one i could find that has a straight top outlet so i can use stock VN v8 hoses.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
I used the same twin thermo fan set up. I mounted them the same way as pictured. Even the radiator looks the same as mine. I find them very effective.

Last edited: