Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh 304 w50 conversion

Vhjem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh 304
I have a vh that is currently auto 304 injected. I have just been given a w50 with bellhousing but nothing else. I'm a bit over my head with all this having never done a manual conversion let alone the custom bits I may have to modify so just wanting to know what shopping list I need to make. Ie clutch, flywheel, fork etc

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You have top get the correct clutch plate to suit the gearbox, as there is about 3 different splines for these gearboxes.....So best take it into a clutch place to get the right clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing.

You need the clutch pedal set up, input shaft for the tailshaft, gearbox mount...You have to modify the gearbox cross member to accept the gearbox mount....Simple enough by drilling 4 holes into the commodore gearbox cross member... You need the clutch cable

You'll need the tin plate that goes inside the car, at the transmission tunnel...Auto are different to manual...

You need the speedo cable that goes from Holden instrument cluster to Toyota gearbox....

I think that covers it

Vhjem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh 304
sweet cheers for that. will take it in to see what clutch to use, i dont have the fork either, hopefully they will be able to help with that but would i be looking at a toyota one not holden

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
sweet cheers for that. will take it in to see what clutch to use, i dont have the fork either, hopefully they will be able to help with that but would i be looking at a toyota one not holden

Holden fork....