Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh 308 in tank fuel pump

Mick_troy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vh sle 5.0
Ok so my question is has anyone put an in tank fuel pump assembly in to a vh? Im running a fitech go efi 4. I have the hyperfuel 40019 retro fit in tank fuel pump kit. Anyone who doesnt know about that stuff google it. Any way so I had a little looky under neath my vh and i was thinking either modify the boot floor to allow clearance for the fuel assembly or modify the tank to have a little recess in it. Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Ok so my question is has anyone put an in tank fuel pump assembly in to a vh? Im running a fitech go efi 4. I have the hyperfuel 40019 retro fit in tank fuel pump kit. Anyone who doesnt know about that stuff google it. Any way so I had a little looky under neath my vh and i was thinking either modify the boot floor to allow clearance for the fuel assembly or modify the tank to have a little recess in it. Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Some info to look at, Efi Hardware.com sell same gear/bits to convert tanks. The 40019 basically copy of VT sender but with the inbuilt pressure regulator.
Vh carby tank needs an extra fuel line efi however the video explained the 40019 has the option to do the deadhead return option of 1 less line depending how you use/set up that system.

For tank recessed only, putting spacers and extended straps/bolts between your tank/body that way you can just put 400019 on top of tank without recess (more room than side tank recess). If you do the boot floor cut, you still have to cut tank on top and weld up old sender hole but this gives you easy ACCESS to all the fittings.

1option leave old tank alone or delete, reroute lines/add electrical and have a complete new in boot flat top alloy fuel cell with the 40019 mounted on it, easiest but most e$pensive.

Another option would be to change over to a stock VR/VS 63/83 litre tank (1 strap needs fixng if tank from irs car) that has 2 fuel lines/electric pump in sender/intank surge unit and change factory pump to a larger capacity. You still need extra fuel line installed for VH to VR/VS tank. This is what they use for stock 304/ls1 conversions. Cheap simple way to do the same job if you haven’t already bought the 40019.

Mick_troy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vh sle 5.0
Some info to look at, Efi Hardware.com sell same gear/bits to convert tanks. The 40019 basically copy of VT sender but with the inbuilt pressure regulator.
Vh carby tank needs an extra fuel line efi however the video explained the 40019 has the option to do the deadhead return option of 1 less line depending how you use/set up that system.

For tank recessed only, putting spacers and extended straps/bolts between your tank/body that way you can just put 400019 on top of tank without recess (more room than side tank recess). If you do the boot floor cut, you still have to cut tank on top and weld up old sender hole but this gives you easy ACCESS to all the fittings.

1option leave old tank alone or delete, reroute lines/add electrical and have a complete new in boot flat top alloy fuel cell with the 40019 mounted on it, easiest but most e$pensive.

Another option would be to change over to a stock VR/VS 63/83 litre tank (1 strap needs fixng if tank from irs car) that has 2 fuel lines/electric pump in sender/intank surge unit and change factory pump to a larger capacity. You still need extra fuel line installed for VH to VR/VS tank. This is what they use for stock 304/ls1 conversions. Cheap simple way to do the same job if you haven’t already bought the 40019.
Cheers for the input. I like the idea of spacing the tank down. That seems good. I will be running it without a return line just to simplify things a little bit. So to space the tank down off the body do you think rubber placed in the right spots would do the trick?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
I've been stuffing around with my VS fuel tank last week.
I've got mine half fixed but then I saw this. It would've saved me a lot of stuffing around. Just not sure how you calibrate the sender I'm sure they could let you know via a phone call.

https://www.rodshop.com.au/holden/vn-vg-vp-vr-vs/efi-fuel-pump-and-weld-ring-kit.html

Measure the ohms at the sender full half empty float level and take it from there for the dash/guage. For Gen1/2 cars I know the ohms readings match for sender/gauge,.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Cheers for the input. I like the idea of spacing the tank down. That seems good. I will be running it without a return line just to simplify things a little bit. So to space the tank down off the body do you think rubber placed in the right spots would do the trick?

I used the 50mm silver sticky butyl rubber strips (bunnings) on top tank & between straps when I restored mine as per factory, have no noises or vibrations .... Yer solid rubber block spacers will work for you for the 40019, check out the link, it will show some useful stuff, saves me typing. :)

PS...Clean tank with detergent first and exhaust gas purge (30mins) has to be a DIESEL car (challenger in video used) also lengthen fuel filler tube like the vn/vp/vq/vr/vs tanks. :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Just fit a vl vn vp tank

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
sell yours buy an efi tank or spend more on drop in kit & fabricator

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
sell yours buy an efi tank or spend more on drop in kit & fabricator

Yea like I mentioned I've been stuffing around with mine. The return hose was broken pain to try and fix. Everything about these tanks just sucks, the hole is so small I couldn't even fit a pipe to slow the return nozzel outlet down. The sender I lost the float then the second hand tank had a different plug for the sender.

Tanks in atm with no fuel gauge.
I had my old tank open and decided to go a second hand because I was trying to make a swirl pot. Even with a second hand take it still had stale fuel and the rubbers were all screwed and the return broken.

The weld in new style one looks like it's the way to go. Even the aftermarket tanks require the original sender which if it fails cannot be bought new. Why bother with that old crap when no one supports it no more?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I used the 50mm silver sticky butyl rubber strips (bunnings) on top tank & between straps when I restored mine as per factory, have no noises or vibrations .... Yer solid rubber block spacers will work for you for the 40019, check out the link, it will show some useful stuff, saves me typing. :)

PS...Clean tank with detergent first and exhaust gas purge (30mins) has to be a DIESEL car (challenger in video used) also lengthen fuel filler tube like the vn/vp/vq/vr/vs tanks. :)

Is that you Al? You likely know how it is if it's you lol