Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Brake Upgrade

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
in that case save for the ve brakes mine were 700 and something dollars, i think min wheel size is 17 inch , but never seen mine car pull up like this before, just about put me thru the windscreen lol - im in same boat doin up my car , but doin replacements with the upgrades in mind in the future

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
My budget is not too flash. But what I lack in funds I make up for in patience. I was thinking about hunting around some wreckers for the parts I need and freshening them up as much as I can and handing them over to a pro if necessary. This project will be more of a learning process for me. Although it will be my daily driver when it's done.

What would I be looking at for a VE conversion?

Each kit includes pads, rotors, calipers, brake lines, brackets, and instructions...

- 298mm Standard Rotors $815
- 298mm Slotted Rotors $855
- 322mm Standard Rotors $895
- 322mm Slotted Rotors $945

The VE kits for VT's are a bit cheaper than they are for the earlier models...

Lewie

B Cast and flat topped!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very thirsty VT & VH project under way! YAY!!
Thanks for that info glsrallysport. Are those prices for all 4 corners? And I'm guessing this is through your company. Does this include a master cylinder? Am I right in assuming the standard VH setup would not cope with this upgrade. Can this sort of thing be done in the garage?

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Those kits only for the front. The kit is complete from RDA, but we're stockist of it. Doesn't include master as I don't beleive it needs it with the VE calipers (which aren't as big as VT).

Should be a fairly easy talk in a garage if you're handy. It's a bolt on kit so no modification required as far as I'm aware.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner

Lewie

B Cast and flat topped!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi all, just a quick update and question.

Firstly I have a VK 10 bolt Salsbury diff, discs inclusive, with new bearings and seals. VH handbrake cable for discs. A pair of adapter hubs for the front with new bearings. Almost new VT front calipers and SS master cylinder and booster and, when the tax cheque arrives, new slotted rotor front and back.

Now, my question is will the Original VT brake lines be suitable to install with this setup or do I need different ones? I ask because I've heard of having to change the break lines when doing this conversion but I don't know if this is from the VH ones to VT or something different.

Lewie

B Cast and flat topped!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi all, just a quick update and question.

Firstly I have a VK 10 bolt Salsbury diff, discs inclusive, with new bearings and seals. VH handbrake cable for discs. A pair of adapter hubs for the front with new bearings. Almost new VT front calipers and SS master cylinder and booster and, when the tax cheque arrives, new slotted rotor front and back.

Now, my question is will the Original VT brake lines be suitable to install with this setup or do I need different ones? I ask because I've heard of having to change the break lines when doing this conversion but I don't know if this is from the VH ones to VT or something different.
Anyone know about the VT brake lines? Are they suitable for use on a VH for the upgrade?

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
i dunno but i did the vlt upgrade and my car pulls up pretty quick

Lewie

B Cast and flat topped!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Does anyone know if I can use the VT hoses on my VH?

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
call kent brakes port road woodville pk he should be able to help ya he gets brakes in cheap to