Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Brake Upgrade

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I used the vt/x/y mas/booster upgrade on vl turbo style front brakes and std vn rears on my vh just as a fix to a dodgy 1 inch master cylinder that was filling the booster full of brake fluid finally trashing a diaphram in the booster (giving you a huge scare when it went the first time) The upgrade gives soo much better pedal for less than it cost to replace with the original equipment........also you get the fast fill and direct action on front piston by the booster pushrod (cause it is at the back on a vt/x/y cylinder)The pedal is so good after you get used to it that before when the lights turned red in front of you....... you slammed them on and maybe pulled up just over the line with your heart in your mouth ...now the lights can do whatever they like cause you know you can stop.

Last edited:

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Legally yes, no because 99% of coppers wouldn't know if the brakes had been upgraded or not.

Lewie

B Cast and flat topped!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very thirsty VT & VH project under way! YAY!!
I got a blue slip done on my car today. The mechanic in North Nowra NSW said "ïf it looks stock it'll be fine". And it was. I have 15in stock wheels (to fit over the brakes) and no other obvious mods. Nedless to say it well and truely passed the brake test.