Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vh carby help

mojo_gc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hey guys so finally got my vh running was just wondering if anyone knew where to get a vh carby manual from, she doesnt seem to be idiling to well was going to get into the fuel/air ratio screw and have a muck around but want know what the stock setting is first..

Anyone be any help

mojo_gc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
****, sorry that would probably help, its a 202 blue top with a varajet 2 carby
Reece

mojo_gc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
so no one can tell me what the stock setting for the fuel/air ratio, its been molested need to get it back to the stock setting and can go from there? Dont really want to buy a book, if you can understand only a shitter for the farm...

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
initial timing should be at 6 degrees @900 rpm. if its auto, then make sure its in D. stick a vacuum guage of full vac (off the carb, dont use manifold vac) then turn the idle mixtures in all the way, then back them off 3 full turns. after that its about 12 hours of really fine adjustments until you achieve the highest STABLE reading.

mojo_gc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hi sorry i have taken so long just been pretty full on with uni at the moment, can someone please tell me what this screw is and what its standard setting is, i just want to get her running again for the farm on sunday..
Reece

Attachments

• DSC_0198.jpg
    DSC_0198.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,626