Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH carby upgrade? Holley? Webber?

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
Hi there I have a 202 VH Slx sedan all in all its in quite good condition could do with a respray but its good enought. I have a Holley 350 to upgrade the carby and some genie extractors. I want to keep the economy of the varajet but get a bit better flow. So anyone reccomend anything other then the 350? Ive heard of people using the Webbers out of XF carby falcons. Cheers

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
just remember.. you cant get power & economy.. its either one or the other..

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I don't believe there is much to gain on a stock motor between varajet and the 350 holley. Webbers and holley are prone to stuffing up if you muck around with them and don't know what your doing. If your willing to spend money on them and get them tuned properly it might be worth doing. It might be worth getting a better manifold to match them.

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
whitevc said:
just remember.. you cant get power & economy.. its either one or the other..

lol put a v6 in it then ya get power and economy..

Ive heard the Holley 350 doesnt gain much more power. Ive worked at a carby mechanic for a couple ofr weeks so i can always get my carby rebuilt and tuned for free which I am going to do with the varajet soon enough or another carby for it.