Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH chassis code

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
thx SL/e nut. Shouldnt 1 of the tags have the same chassis number as stamped on the car (strut tower). Thats y im thinkin some 1 put all diff tags on it
If it isnt a tru SL/E then it is as close as u can get. Its also got in boot and under bonnet lights.
Wouldnt it be a big job to run all that wiring to make a mock up SL/E

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
. Shouldnt 1 of the tags have the same chassis number as stamped on the car (strut tower). Thats y im thinkin some 1 put all diff tags on it

Yes, the ADR tag should match the chassis number stamped on the body. As I said earlier the other two tags match each other, so it's possible they are correct.

Of course, it could also mean they were both taken off the same car and put on yours...

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
cheers hangman. i think they were taken of anutha car. much appreciated guys. ha hears a dumb question. can i get a copy of the original ones made up and from whome????

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Probably not unless you had the original tags and a legitimate reason to copy them ie:damaged tags etc. Not even sure if it's legal, though I have seen custom engraved ones on show cars over here.

I'm all for originality on the early ones, but if it's registered with those tags on it, I'd leave it. Not worth the hassle IMO.

wagonman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX V8 WAGON
id tags

Hey manetvh,

Sounds like a nice car, but I think a lot of the replies are missing the point here mate. This things been deliberately "re tagged" with the VIN hidden to make it into an "SLE", you say you only just bought it and if the seller sold it to you under the pretence thats it's a genuine real deal SLE I'd and you paid for it in that way, I'd be having another "chat" to the seller. It also puts you in a position where when it comes time for you to sell you cant state thats its a genuine SLE, just cover yourself and good luck with it

fleetie74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X 253 SEDAN
Wow! Just been gifted a vh sl/e.again as magnetvh said mine also has EVERY SL/E factory gear and has 8VK code!!! ! bugger, I guess;-).

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
If the Chassis number punched into your body doesnt match the plate that says Month, year and seating capacity then it has been re tagged which could mean anything.Get the stamped number checked to see if it has been stolen.

fleetie74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X 253 SEDAN
Thanks for the info. Luckily they do match so now it's time to strip it all down for a repaint! re manufacturerd carb arrives in a day or two"drool"! Looks like I inherited an SL/X not an SL/E I think.Cheers.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
yep unfortunately its not a sl/e,many commys of that era were stolen and rebirthed so I would do a check on all those numbers,if its discovered to be a stolen vehicle you will more than likely lose it I am afraid
but anyways good luck with it

fleetie74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X 253 SEDAN
Just checked with PPSR.GOV.AU and car not stolen and motor No.s match!Relief i can tell you!Motor No. QR621888.Think that HQ-HZ model?Any more info Would be much appreciated.Also about to recieve re-manufactured Rochester Quaddy for a Blue Motor....Any possible problems in fitting to the motor?Am missing hoses on current carby so any pics to where and what they should go to would be great(been 20 yrs since i have played with a Holden re-build)Thanks for all the info so far guys,been awesome!!!Cheers