Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Fuel

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm with VC a young bloke on here just tried pressure can on his doors and it came out shithouse.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I'm with VC a young bloke on here just tried pressure can on his doors and it came out shithouse.
Did my roof as mine was peeling hardcore, came up pretty good, depends on how well you prepare the surface and operator I suppose, I used those 2k Max can that has the clear in it goes hard and shiny, I have the right gear to use on my compressor which I will use due to the size of the job, it would cost a fortune in spray packs compare to using my gravity feed spray gun.
I did try my boot with the colour base spray can and a clear on top it looked fantastic with just base coat once I sprayed the clear on it was like yuk, think I used the wrong clear so I ended up finding a good bonnet and replaced it for 50 bucks. I do recommend those Max 2k cans for small jobs.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
They have those new 2pack paint spray cans now u press the button at the bottom to let the clear mix in with your colour, shake it for 5min then spray no need for a clear as the clear covers the surface, I used it on my roof came up good the down side is the price, 38 a can only took 1.5 cans to do, the rest you end up wasting as its no good after 25min once you mix the clear in.

When you push the button in it mixes the hardener not a clear, also the paint last up to 48 hour's not 25min.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
When you push the button in it mixes the hardener not a clear, also the paint last up to 48 hour's not 25min.
So once the hardener is added, you can use the paint up to 48 hrs later? I would have thought the paint would have hardened up & become unusable?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought the gear you mix yourself says 2hrs or 8hrs, can't remember exactly.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
So once the hardener is added, you can use the paint up to 48 hrs later? I would have thought the paint would have hardened up & become unusable?
Spot on I couldn't spray anymore out of the can after 25-30min, went to hard ended up with a half of can unusable ( yes I tipped the can over and cleaned out the nozzle.)
2K does not need clear, you can put it on if you like to get a much richer look.
If your doing a basecoat method without the activator then you have to use a 2K clear that's where I went wrong on my bonnet, basecoat was terrific but only used acrylic clear that was the downfall, live and learn wasted around 200 on that hence the reason I just got a good second hand bonnet wasn't going to waste any more on it.

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Is this clear only? It appeared to me that it was only clear & no colour.
That is correct that's for when you just laydown normal basecoat without activator to seal the job, colour 2k with activator does not need a top coat.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
That is correct that's for when you just laydown normal basecoat without activator to seal the job, colour 2k with activator does not need a top coat.
Ok thanks.
Basecoat = colour?