Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Fuel

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Here is a link that should clear things up, scroll to 2k basecoat/topcoat open then read tech info, they state that the pot life is up to 1 day depending on temperature not 25-30min or 48 hour's.

https://www.spraymax.com/en-us/products/

I use the 2 stage process as I paint multiple colours at once then I only need one can of 2k clear, there 1k basecoat lasts until empty on the shelf.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Here is a link that should clear things up, scroll to 2k basecoat/topcoat open then read tech info, they state that the pot life is up to 1 day depending on temperature not 25-30min or 48 hour's.

https://www.spraymax.com/en-us/products/

I use the 2 stage process as I paint multiple colours at once then I only need one can of 2k clear, there 1k basecoat lasts until empty on the shelf.
Only going on what I experienced with my spray can of 2k colour, I finished my roof went in for a coffee and biscuit then thought I do some touch up stone chips that was around 30min in that time can would not spray I even tried a new clean spray nozzle, it was a warm day. Have to add the 20-30min of already spray time so about 1hr.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
I myself have had cans that dry up way before pot life, **** I've had pressure packs run out of pressure with half a can of paint in them still, I posted that link because others were asking about pot life after the hardener is mix that's all.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I myself have had cans that dry up way before pot life, **** I've had pressure packs run out of pressure with half a can of paint in them still, I posted that link because others were asking about pot life after the hardener is mix that's all.
All cool, maybe mine ran out of air, but strange it only did when putting it down after I sprayed upside down to clear the line, maybe the activator dried the top after doing that.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
All cool, maybe mine ran out of air, but strange it only did when putting it down after I sprayed upside down to clear the line, maybe the activator dried the top after doing that.

Maybe it wasn't made or mixed correctly, or maybe heat related or as you mentioned above I guess we will never know.