Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vh group 3 or adt hdt

dodge68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
hi
just brought a vh factory fitted v8 manual maranello red commodore... what would be the best option to do up a adp hdt with the vc flairs or a group 3 would be selling it after so which would be the best option.... would be doing all the work myself as i own a small panel shop.

dodge68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
not if car was cheap and interior is excellent...just needs clean up and respray...plus body kit and wheels?

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
neither. huge waste of money which you will never get back

I tend to agree.

I assume you will re-sell as a Group 3 / HDT 'Replica'? I have been combing VB-VK classifieds for years and I have formed the firm view that many sellers believe the finished product is 'worth' a bundle but in actual fact would have been far better off ($ wise) keeping the car in original condition, especially original V8’s.

Still, to each their own.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

dodge68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
so if i did go ahead would 10 to 15k be asking too much for a restored replica?

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
It would want to have just about new everything for that.

I agree with the guys above, no money to be made in "doing up" a commodore, you either do it to how you want it for yourself, or just restore it back to factory.

A clean vh factory v8 with matching numbers would fetch a decent dollar, the higher the luxury level the more $

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
A spray job, flares and some decals won't be a very convincing replica IMO. In which case I doubt you would get anywhere near those figures. You would need to pay a lor more attention to detail - engine spec and interior just for starters. Otherwise it will probably be worth more as is.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
yeah ive seen a few 100% restored vb sl/e, matching numbers cars struggle to sell for $15k so theres no way you would get close to that with a non-matching number restored replica. $10k might be achievable if its 100% restored. thats just my opinion. personally i think its a lot of work to go to if you are just going to sell the car on to try to make a profit. you would probably make a bigger profit if you kept the factory bodywork and resprayed it in the factory colours and kept the factory wheels. the car might not fetch as much money outright as a replica but you wouldnt spend thousands in a bodykit and wheels