Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH heat sensor and petrol sensor!

budgieVH

get in shut up nd hang on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Injected 5ltr VH SL/E-VH Blue 202-GQ Nissan Patrol
Hey guys i just join this site im from Australia and im 18 and own a VH commodore 202 strait 6 4 speed manual as my first car.

My heat Gauge always just sits on the blue line, i went for a big drive and still stayed there.. i thought the heat gauge was wired to this brass thing on my engine block just below the rocket cover.. i put a new one in and still no go..

is the heat sensor near the radiator or something?? and also where is the petrol sensor because i dont think its working properly.. i have also replaced the gauges.

i bought the work shop book for the car and could not find anything on them..
if you could help it would be fantastic thanks very much

BENJAMUM

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.3 ltr blown vy ute & vs 5L ute
i was puttin me 202 back in on the weekend and the heat sensor is near the brake booster on the block the wire slips ova the little pin

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
heat sensor = Thermostate sensor, it is up the front of your engine, screws into your thermostate housing (where your top rad hose goes), a new tridon one is about 18 bux, but Holden have the genuine ones cheaper. The older cars dont sit as high on the gauge as new cars, so you may not be use to this, but definitly check its temp anyway.

Petrol sensor = Fuel sender unit, and is located in the tank, if you get under your car and have a look at the front of the tank, you will see two wires going to the sender unit. It may need replacing these arnt the most reliable things.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
i was puttin me 202 back in on the weekend and the heat sensor is near the brake booster on the block the wire slips ova the little pin

huh? Pics? you sure your not talking about oil pressure sender?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Wouldn't the oil pressure sender be on the oil pump? Dads red 202, the engine temp is on the head, left side, just above the exhaust/inlet manifold.

budgieVH

get in shut up nd hang on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Injected 5ltr VH SL/E-VH Blue 202-GQ Nissan Patrol
ben, i replaced that one.. still nothing..

Tom there is another one on the engine block closer to the front with 2 wires on it. ill take some pics tomorrow and upload them for you too see tom.

so the heat gauge in the car is connected to the engine block or had it got something to do with the water??

sorry i dont know to much bout cars.. my uncle and dad do but there not around.

thanks.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
water temp is on the head. Just looked at my blue 202 shitter sl/e out the back, my temp sensor is next the the spark plug lead.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Ahh ok.... You can ignore me, Im hell confused lol... Post pics anyway though caus Im interested.

BENJAMUM

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.3 ltr blown vy ute & vs 5L ute
yer tom i could be wrong i could been thinking bout the oil pressure sender there is a couple of the pins on the block