Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vh help!!

hellsvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202
hey guys,ive got an 83 vh vacationer thats manual with a hot 202 in it,im wanting more power and i think its time the old girl gets a new heart..any one got some ideas for engine and tranny combos,labour wouldnt be a problem as me and my old man will do everything our selfs,got about 2500 for the budget,also wondering would putting a 308 in from a vk need an engineers certificate?from perth cheers daniel.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
check up on the wa licencing website for all the info on that regard. have a hunt for a vn v8 wreck and put in a 304

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Go and get yourself a v8 mate. I've upgraded myself, my vh use to have a work 6's but now it's got a V8. I'm loving every minute! Nothing beats sound of a v8.... Jason

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
yeah these days you should be easily able to do an EFI 5L conversion for $2500, especially if you do the work yourself
even completely stock it's going to have a lot more power than a stock 308 carb engine, plus driveability & fuel economy on it's side

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
+1 on the efi v8. I did the v6 conversion n it was a lot better then the efi 202 I had. But cost around the same amount to do the v8 as would be to do the v8. Either are gonna be a lot better then the old girl. N pretty simple to do

bjwynd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sl
i would stay away from the black 5 lt the timing is to retarted in them they did that for polution regs i would go a blue 5 lt or injected

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

davidjetson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon with nitros
original the way to go i have had over 50 vh vk vb vc so if u want to put a v8 is good but $2500 ant ganna do **** really, if u want power u need more dollers hit me a privite mesg if u want any ideas want to do to a vh for $2500 let me cheers....

hellsvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202
cheers for the replys guys..not really sure what i want to do but i do want to go with a v8 ether the 308 or 304 as ive been off my p plates for over 7 months now...i went onto the licensing site not sure if i can put a 308 in without an engineers cert..