Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vh help!!

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
i think you will struggle to do any engine swap without an engineers cert. am i right?

depends what you want the car for.. could go for a very simple 5 speed V6 option for a bit of extra power while maintaining fuel economy or go for a efi 8 which would just be insane.

Heaps and heaps of different options so figure out what you want to achieve and go from there :idea3:

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
im about to get my vh licenced in a few months. originally had a 202 but i bought it with the 253 already in it. should pass the pits easy but unsure also if it needs engineering cert. wouldnt fully think it would need it since it had it as an option

hellsvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202
thats what i was thinking and i dont think they make 20 percent more power in stock form..id like to do the v6 conversion but its to much stuffin around the 253/308 bolts right in.im just after something with abit more bite

hellsvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202
thats exactly what i was thinking..keep the good old police off ya back

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
aussiev8 forrum would be able to give you the right light your looking for. people swear by either 253 or 308

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
id go the injected 5l out of a vn the conversion isn't hard at all into the earlier commos.
have done the conversion on my hj was easy as.
but if you wish to keep it original id stick the 308 in there
anything is going to have a lot more go than a stock 6
2500 should see you through all of the conversion which ever you chose, it just depends on if you want to wait and find the right bargain mate

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Mate, go with carby 308, they are easy to put in. With efi50ltr you have a bit more work involved. I think you need a mod plate. I think but i could be wrong!