Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH K-Frame

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Later models p/steer rack is quite slim..with new lines & electric astra pump you'd probably have enough room for any conversion.

Most my cars I've gone manual rack for simplicity & to clean up engine bay although when starting to make good power or car is decently quick reckon later model p/steer setup seems more responsive when you get into an 'oh shite' moment.

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
No, K frame was the same.
Actually there were 2 different K frames.

Found out when building a VH, the K frame needed changing, and the spare from my wrecking VH had different mount angles for the stearing rack.
Both cars VH 2.85 6's and both manufactured in 81, can't remember if they were both the same factory though.

Back then Holden built at multiple factories/built/existed.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Don't know if my VL had PS or not
You don't know what your car had, putting or not putting p/s fluid in resi would be a big clue :) thats is so funny, more than my joke about gym visits:)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You don't know what your car had, putting or not putting p/s fluid in resi would be a big clue :) thats is so funny, more than my joke about gym visits:)

I only owned it a short time before it was stolen. That was 20 years ago, so excuse my vague memory. But chances are it must have been no PS. Funny thing is it was never hard to steer so still blows all over your idea that early Commodores without PS give you a workout when trying to park them.....