Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH LS1 Conversions

Daniel_vhls1sle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
hey guys ive got a vh with the ls1 and 4l60e auto but its stuck in limp mode, i think it's the maf sensor that is causing it. i only got 2/3 gear had it rebuilt before it went in so the box is brand new. have had the scanner plugged in and all we get from it is maf sensor low signal. gettin a new sensor tomorrow if this wont fix the problem i dont know what will. it's not the solenoids just changed them too, any help would be nice.

vhls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx clubsport, mazda bt50 4x4, vh ls1
i have a vh with ls1 6 speed bought like that so i didnt do the conversion. have custom extractors which drivers side is 3 pieces and passenger side is 2 peices and finish at the back of the gearbox. they were made in peices so they can be removed without moving the engine. my mate makes extractors (mph) in nowra if i get the car down to him he will take em off and make a jig so he can make a few sets. im not sure what the price he would sell them is but i can enquire. point is there will then be an off the shelf set you can purchase for thr conversion. my starter is on the passenger side also.

vhls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
just received a speedo cable from rare spares brisbane south. to suit t56 6 speed into vb-vl commodore. will fit it over the the weekend. 89.00 delivered. i tried a few places and had no luck but bruce had one on the shelf.

vhls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
well that was pretty stupid of me. seeing how the speedeo drive is electronic sensor and i have a mechanical speedo cable. top is in so what do i need and where do i get it from to change the speedo drive on the gearbox to mechanical?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
for my injected 355 in my vh i got a 2 pulse speed sensor that screws onto the trans then just a cable from the speed sensor to the speedo.. i got everything from gauge works in adelaide (08) 8445 6644... not sure how many pulses the LS1 uses but they should be able to help

vhls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks might give em a try might be easier than wiring up an electronic speedo. im having a blonde week. just dropped it down for a blue slip so should be cruisin in it before the weeks out. i gave them a call juicie but no go they cant help worth a try. its either a vss box from the states for 700 or a rear gearbox housing from mal wood with the right gear in it to run the mechanical speedo for 1800 so looks like electronic speedo wired up is the go.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
thereis a electric speedo that VDO make that fits in the original cluster and looks stock. i think it was darren_L that has one in his VH might be worth a look