Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH new paint job

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
^^ spat coffee out when read that

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
damn dude you must be fun at parties.

I saw what you were trying to achieve, but thinking it's funny someone getting hurt in a car accident I find far from amusing, especially when it's family....

So put the shoe on the other foot and how would you react if someone in your family got hurt and some numbskull directed a piss poor joke your way as a result of that incident?

Holty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
This thread is a perfect example of why some people shouldnt touch angle grinders.

The VH Maroon with Red/Claret interior looks good and isnt overdone on the red in my opinion.

1boiwcloarmplmao1ffq3jlwh.jpg

P2030001.jpg
I like the 2 tone but im not trying to create a replica SLE. Its an SLX so i wamt to keep with one colour and keep it simple and clean looking

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Also just pointing out, your slx interior is mostly maroon colour with a bit of red vinyl, not really red so to speak and you want to keep it, so do yourself a favour and just paint the car the original mercury silver and if you want add a factory style red thin pinstripe, add more metallic flake in the mix and it will pop and look simple and clean looking just like a new factory original car.

Of course You can paint it any colour you like to pop as you seem to want to change factory colour but with that maroon interior is gonna look ????? no matter which way you look at it.

The only other colour that will make the interior look good is to do a maroon candy apple pearl, now that would really pop and the interior isn't an issue as it matches.

Black_ops

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep wrangler Ls2
Hi there, Im just after some opinions. I have a VH SLX with a red interior. Currently the outside paint is silver but looking at going a deep red. I was looking at Dodge Stryker red. Looks amazing but bit involved and could be expensive. Any ideas on some reds or any colour that wpuld suit with the red interior. I was looking at Blue but think it may clash to much. Please help haha
Have a look at a black with a red pearl and sparkles in it... The red will only pop when the sunlight hits it... It will mainly look like a black car. This is something I've tried

Attachments

• IMG_20201220_151010_702.jpg
    IMG_20201220_151010_702.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 114

Representative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Unlike Henry Ford who said you can have any colour as long as it is black car companies realised that people all have different tastes.

i really like the deep red colour that the latest Mazda comes out in. Only problem for me is that the paint alone would come to about $2000. I am going to stay with the colour I already have. It is a copper colour that the NZ vh came out with. This colour looks good with the black seats I have. This colour would look crap with your red interior. Have a look through the colours that the vh came out with and see if there is anything you like.
Where are you getting your figures from. I'll sell you 4lt of basecoat in Soul Mazda Red for $499, thinner, $89, clear $200 5lt kit, 350 for primer kits...
The new Mazda Red is also impossible to replicate out of the factory, so don't expect the same deep finish like the Mazda's with factory paint.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Where are you getting your figures from. I'll sell you 4lt of basecoat in Soul Mazda Red for $499, thinner, $89, clear $200 5lt kit, 350 for primer kits...
The new Mazda Red is also impossible to replicate out of the factory, so don't expect the same deep finish like the Mazda's with factory paint.
I can't find those figures now or where I got them from. Perhaps I got it all wrong. However if I could not get the same finish I would probably be disappointed. I have decided to stay with the colour the car is painted now. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Holty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
The mazda soul red is also a colour im looking into, and my pick of the bunch. My body repaire guy is sourcing some prices but is saying it may be expensive. He's saying it will need 4 coats of pearl and so on. Cant see why it would ve so expensive as this is a mass production car. You'd think the paint would be readily available

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
The mazda soul red is also a colour im looking into, and my pick of the bunch. My body repaire guy is sourcing some prices but is saying it may be expensive. He's saying it will need 4 coats of pearl and so on. Cant see why it would ve so expensive as this is a mass production car. You'd think the paint would be readily available
They do have problems with this paint due to chipping. Whether because it is painted so thin or another reason I don't know.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They do have problems with this paint due to chipping. Whether because it is painted so thin or another reason I don't know.
Yeah wife has similar red on the Outlander and it's showing signs of chipping. The paint has very few solids so it's mostly clear with a hint of toner added to give it the colour.