Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH new paint job

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I saw what you were trying to achieve, but thinking it's funny someone getting hurt in a car accident I find far from amusing, especially when it's family....

So put the shoe on the other foot and how would you react if someone in your family got hurt and some numbskull directed a piss poor joke your way as a result of that incident?

hey mate, i get it - we've all been in shitty accidents. I think you may have over-reacted. but that's ok.

also painting cars in some weird mixed up colour feels like a good idea until you need a match :)

Nickv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Hi there, Im just after some opinions. I have a VH SLX with a red interior. Currently the outside paint is silver but looking at going a deep red. I was looking at Dodge Stryker red. Looks amazing but bit involved and could be expensive. Any ideas on some reds or any colour that wpuld suit with the red interior. I was looking at Blue but think it may clash to much. Please help haha
Hey I kind of like the old British racing green metallic, just google British racing green exterior and red interior you will get a few photos of the combination together?
With the green you can go pretty dark and even add a gold fleck to the paint?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Hey I kind of like the old British racing green metallic, just google British racing green exterior and red interior you will get a few photos of the combination together?
The Mark 2 jaguar (amongst others) came out with racing green and red seats. It looked good however the colour doesn't polish up very well. The Jaguar drivers club used to give dispensation to those owners at car shows.

Representative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
They do have problems with this paint due to chipping. Whether because it is painted so thin or another reason I don't know.
They get robots to do weird cris cross **** with the metallic and ground coat. Had a few come through the workshop for maybe a blended boot lid or door. Always blows out to half the bloody car need to be blended in.

**** hot colour, I love it but it's really something the dealership should be telling people before they buy that colour. If you have a prang, stone chip or simply fading panels, you are in strife

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If you're going for a Darker Green and to keep it in the Holden stable then Rhone Green is an amazing colour.

Plus, green and red is very well themed for this time of year.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
And Rhone green is a VH colour.
Yup, when i redid the bay on the VH i redid it the factory colour. You can sort of make out the guard on the RHS of the pic to see how much a fresh respray all over in that green would absolutly pop.

VH0224.jpg

That was 'fresh' Rhone Green without 30 years of sun damage.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yup, when i redid the bay on the VH i redid it the factory colour. You can sort of make out the guard on the RHS of the pic to see how much a fresh respray all over in that green would absolutly pop.

VH0224.jpg

That was 'fresh' Rhone Green without 30 years of sun damage.

My Dad bought a brand new Rhone Green VH in Jan 82.

Great colour.

Also had all green interior.

Learnt to drive in that car.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
My Dad bought a brand new Rhone Green VH in Jan 82.

Great colour.

Also had all green interior.

Learnt to drive in that car.
Ah the good old Green on Green.

VH0003.jpg

Sort of regretful i sold my VH.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Could have bought an immaculate rhone green commodore from caryard years ago as a kid...overpriced at $1900 back then with full vinyl interior,sunvisor full on grandpa car pefrect for sleeper build.

Mum wouldn't let me buy it 'cos it was green yet was cool with over-powered torana deathtraps.

Still think mercury or asteroid silver is the way to go especially if factory colour/trim.