Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Project Povo Pack

JuStDaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Executive Manual, VH V8 SL Manual
Hi lads,

I recently bit the bullet and purchased this girl (before you ask, yes I did pay too much). I fell off the road many moons ago in a red vh slx 253, with a tan interior, that was passed down from my grandfather. I always wanted to make her a Brock tribute, but only got as far as the old 4 post spoiler and front apron. I have regretted it ever since and have always wanted to replace her. Trying to find a red vh 253 with tan interior in a condition that you had 17 years ago has proven quite difficult...

I have big plans for this, and quite a good base to start from.

2KdcO4y.jpg

Y74QSH7.jpg

rlAeKFl.jpg

zlYn0mO.jpg

ZQwy1fl.jpg

EBoAnDA.jpg

7Ux9l14.jpg

I have already begun and will try and regularly post pics and info as **** slowly improves.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
looks like a good start there mate
probably be amazed at the difference just a tidy up of the engine bay will make.
Need to remove the rear louvre & stripe on the bootlid and find a decent air filter housing. There was a proper big HDT air filter housing on Ebay not so long ago. Not sure if it's still there

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
A good start. If you didn't get the rubber joiner with air cleaner, HDT sell them cheap ;)

JuStDaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Executive Manual, VH V8 SL Manual
here we go
a bit of a tidy up and you've got yourself a good HDT air cleaner with cold air intake
Holden HDT 5 0 Aircleaner MAY Suit Brock SS VH VC VB VK VL Commodore | eBay

I was looking at doing that, but now leaning towards the group 3 CAI with big arse filter (hole hasn't been cut in bonnet yet).

Gave the engine bay a tidy up and rebuilt my old Rochester. Can't really see **** but it does look better.
JtDIOIm.jpg

I have my old 253 still and plan on rebuilding that one with high comp pistons, bored 60 thou, zero decked block, heads shaved 30 thou, exhaust valves notched, port and polish, chevy valve springs, mild cam. Hoping to get somewhere around 200-220rwhp (that's the goal anyway, only meant to be a cruiser atm). Diff is currently a 2.78 auto job, that's gotta go. Between it and the oversized tyres on the arse end, I can break the speed limit in first...

Have picked up a shitload of goodies, with more to come:
  • Pacemaker 5020 headers
  • Full Nolathane kit
  • Strut tower covers
  • New leads, plugs, dizzy cover and rotor button
  • Stainless allen key guard bolts
  • High energy sump
  • Holden finned rocker covers
  • Chrome mounts
  • Chrome dipstick
  • Chrome alternator brackets
  • High torque starter motor

Damn work getting in the way of progress but...

Last edited: