Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sl/e 355

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
hey it looks like i have left the same chrome off as you.... looks much neater with just 1 strip of chrome around both windows.... only thing im going to do more on mine is black the top section of chrome on the rear quarter vent.
haha yeah I was reading your thread where you mentioned that about the trims round the windows and thought it sounded the same as mine, mine are still chromed but just painted over....

I was going to remove the paint to reveal the chrome but its too much work and could really be bothered.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
congrats on the good result!

thanks mate,

pretty happy with it but Ill only settle for a low 11 haha.

The car held up and handled pretty well

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Another pic I found.

I might drop the front sway bar off next time just to get a bit more weight transfer to the rear

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
That sort of power you should be able to get it down to very low 11's but the 3.55's will be hurting your 60'
yup definitely the gears, was chatting to a bloke at the test n tunes on sat night.....hes got a near identical engine to mine but running 4.11 gears and hes getting 11.2 avg at 118mph with a 1.6 60foot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
when are ya testing it again.... should do it soon while its still cool... not that it would be really cool on the gold coast anyway

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
I went out again 2nd time and ran an 11.8 I ran it off the extractors and adjusted valve lash...it didn't feel too good under foot. I probably should have jetted up the carb a few sizes. its strange.....I ran a slower et but picked up on mph.

Hopefully take it out in 2wks to the day,
I may run full exhaust and my ET tyres and see how it goes....I might even drive it out there too just to claim the True Street Title haha.

The converter definitely likes to be stalled up rather than flashed.

Its addictive I must admit, driving on the street seems boring now

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
heres some footage, the mrs didn't know how to use horizontal mode so its a bit shitty...but crank it up.
this capri had me over the first 150mtr with his 4.11 gears but I got him at top end

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
I come to terms and decided my cam was too small for my converter and not really good enough to compliment and get the best out of the port work done on my heads....so I decided to pull the engine and fit in a new cam

Gave it a fresh coat of paint

All bolted up and ready for start up

Now to put some street kilometres on it and see how it feels
Check plug conditions and then hit the strip when the weather is good

Added a video of the cam being run in
Idle was set at 2000rpm