Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH sl/e - SS build thread

Jack Agius

Reaction score
Members Ride
E250 '16, VH SLE '83, 2002 BMW '74, 964 911. ect..
ill post up some pics of my other toys... I unfortunately know more than most just how expensive the "hobby" is :mad::mad::mad:

Jack Agius

Reaction score
Members Ride
aforementioned toys...

Attachments

• IMG_4481.JPG
    IMG_4481.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_4482.JPG
    IMG_4482.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_4483.JPG
    IMG_4483.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_4484.JPG
    IMG_4484.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4485.JPG
    IMG_4485.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 283

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
I have seen a few Trip Computer displays on fleabay, occasionally NOS ones, these are the ones you want to get hold off - without stating the bleeding obvious but I will explain... used ones have a really bad tendency to have half the LED segments not illuminating.

Jack Agius

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I'm looking around but so far only found old rough ones... it's not worth buying a clapped out one for $77 i'd prefer to wait until a decent one turns up...

yeah I've got a little collection, all euro's at the moment besides the VH. I'll post some pics of my ongoing G wagen tomorrow... just sucking my money dry!

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
What parts from the interior are missing? I’m trying to sort it out so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Missing Parts?
I had a VH SLE 5.0 V8 auto in all white with the blue interior and all factory options fitted. From what I can see of the interior photo of your car:

1. The only missing item from the entire dash is the trip computer thingy
2. The radio is not original from what I can see and a lot of them were removed and replaced.
3. The original SLE steering wheel has obviously been replaced but the cowling around the steering column all looks to be in tact. The steering wheel in my car was replaced with a MOMO black leather wrapped race style wheel with a much better fit than what has been fitted to your car. Personally I don't like the SLE steering wheels and the existing wheel on your car would look much better with that awful red removed or replaced entirely.
4. The car has one of those older aftermarket alarms fitted with the yellow button. I had one on my car also with the yellow button in another location.

Otherwise for the interior, and from the photo, it just looks like you just have to remove all the awful red trim and replace the pax seat with an original.

I think the VH SLEs V8s were a terrific model Commodore which handled great with a few basic suspension upgrades, slightly lower ride height, a slightly larger diameter road wheel and sticky, wider lower profile tyres than the stock items. The seats, if in good condition, were also incredibly comfortable. Fortunate to find an SLE with such low Kms and a sound body even if it does require quite a bit of work.

Jack Agius

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Sean, the tacky red vinyl HAS TO GO.
Thanks for tip on the yellow button. I had no idea what that was.

The shame with the car is that it’s completely rust free, it’s super low original kms and it’s a genuine SL/E...

Unfortunately someone (15 years ago) stuffed around with it and I’m now tasked with doing my best to make it look respectable again.

I’m excited for the next few weeks, hopefully have the body work finished up before the end of March which I’m pumped about, find some decent wheels and enjoy it for a while before I work out engine options.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Single spoke steering wheel
Passenger seat
Radio
Doortrims
Trip computer
Rear headrests

Can't tell if still got sle rear reading lights,rear seat or velour rooflining & pillars...is it supposed to be red interior?

That white vh is in Parramatta Rd caryard not far from Holden dealership

Jack Agius

Reaction score
Members Ride
It has the rear head rests and all correct courtesy lights. About the only thing I commend the old owner for is using a really tacky seat cover so the drivers seat and rear seat is in immaculate condition it also has the velour pillars and roof lining & the upper dome light.

I've never been concerned with "sound systems" so I'm disappointed the O.G radio is missing, ill wait until a decent one pops up on ebay.

I hate the single spoke wheel, the one that came with the car is even worse, so I've organised a new momo leather item, a friend of mine had a HDT horn button that he's given me so I'm stoked about that.

As with all half decent cars it's definitely going to be a process. Rome wasn't built in a day but I'm hoping to have the body work done and fresh paint on it before the end of the month. It just depends on whether parts arrive in time.