Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SL/E Stereo Wiring Diagram

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
I have put together the best I can in paint the wiring loom of a VH SL/E and its funtions as follows, Got some more to add to it but here is the start.

Attachments

• VH Wiring Harness.JPG
    VH Wiring Harness.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 11,184
P

proud_vh_owner

hay can u please help me i just bought a kenwood car stereo and im trying to hook it up to my vh turbo but i cant figure out how can some1 please help me please :confused: :confused: :confused:

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
Ok, VH Turbo??? Never knew they made one, hehe. Do you mean VL Turbo?

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
There was an aftermarket Normalair Garret kit available during the early 80s that was fitted to a number of blue 6 VC & VH commodores.

There was also the limited run of CDT commodores fitted with turbo 6s too. (yes, CDT, not to be confused with HDT).

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
hmmm....i didn't think the vh's had 4 speakers....i know in my vh sl theirs only one in the front at the centre of the dash....but i guess the sle's could be different

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
The SL/E certainly had 4 speakers, it was the first commodore to do so.
2 in the dash (1 in each corner) and 2 on the rear shelf.
The other hassle with the SL/E is you cannot use the factory wiring at the headunit for the speakers, only the power, as the speakers were powered by an external amp mounted to the driver's kick panel/pillar area above the bonnet release lever, and it was only line-level signal sent from the head unit to the amp.

H

hidude3

i have a VH vacationer, it only has one speaker, and there are five wires, light green , dark green black, yellow and grey. Do u know which wire is for what?

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
yellow is 12V accessories, black is earth. you dont need the others, as you probably wont be running the stock speaker. (will you??) you have to run your own 12V constant from teh battery, as the vacationer doesnt have one