Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SL/E tail lights

<u4ria>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
Can someone tell me whats involved in fitting sle tail lights to an sl and also the black platic and chrome surrounds/garnish thanks in adance.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
You can get just the extensions on ebay, or somewhere like that, maybe even rare spares..?

Drill two holes either side - about 6mm, in the same location as the back of the SLE extensions, and screw/bolt into place...

Nothing to it, as they're just the standard lights, with the reflector extensions on the end.

Chrome surround around the bootlid/tail lights?
You'll need the plastic clips that hold it onto the bootlid - they sort of push into (4mm? circle) hole, 6 or 8, or more.

And 2 plastic sleeves that hold on either side tail light piece, and a screw up the top on each side.

Rare spares sell them, not sure on part numbers, but if you're getting them off a wreck, just try not to break any of them and re-use them!

Black plastic garnish? like the VK's? not too sure, but i'd assume they'd be similar to the lights.

Does any of that help? if you want more details / or anything else, I might be able to help out!
Its too late, and i'm seeing double, so "Thats All Folks!" :beer chug:

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Don't forget that the SL/E tailights have black stripes across them (including the extensions) and the SL does not.

<u4ria>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
Don't forget that the SL/E tailights have black stripes across them (including the extensions) and the SL does not.

any idea if these are easy to get ahold of for under $80? lenses and the plastic surrounds

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
The black stripes are detail painted on and I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to find SL/E tail light assembly's for under $80. I have seen good used ones sell on ebay for over $300 a pair. Not sure if they are available aftermarket tho.

Trav Man

Ya gotta love a V8 mate
Reaction score
Somewhere in this great southern land of OZ
Members Ride
Black VX Berlina LS1
A few years ago when I had my VH SL/X I just masked up the tail light lenses and painted them myself and they turned out the same as the bought ones then I bought the extentions and it looked sweet as.

Trav Man

Mylesy

VH-5000
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE - VH Vactioner - VL
Wow $300 bucks second hand, i have a brand new geniune set still in their box.
Only trouble is i want them for my own project... Sorry