Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SL for a first car!

AndrewC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Hey mate,

Wow she looks straight as a dye and a rare find :0) Congrat's!! I would try and leave her as standard as possible or maybe add on a few SL/E bits like some of the other's have suggested.

Make sure you keep those original GM accessories like the front mudflaps and chrome centre caps, if not on the car store them away as they fetch quite a few dollars. I’m looking for a set of genuine mudflaps for my VH and they range from a couple of hundred bucks. Looking at the pic's I don’t think the rear ones are genuine, could be Kmart?

Good luck mate, a rare find.
Cheers,
Andrew

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Ever thought about a buick 6 conversion?

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
^^ if he has, I hope he discarded it ASAP.

Nice car op! Good to see more sa first gens. Maybe look at hazzavn 's thread on here. Very similar rig.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
nice and clean score you got there mate,
as some have suggested leave her as she is except maybe the sle bumpers

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Good on you mate it is a great find. Please don't put vy ss wheels on it. I think the 14's look great btw those steel caps you have are originals they are worth a mint. I put a straight through muffler on my 202 and it sounds like the apocalypse has begun everytime I turn the key which isn't all that bad.

If you find an external sun visor, put that on. Wait I mean don't, give it to me ;) Keep those mudflaps and headlight protectors on and look after it. A set of venetians would look a treat too! This is only my opinion but keep it clean and have fun :)

All the best
Dean

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
any parts etc you find that are cheap I suggest you buy them and put them in the shed as they are only going to get dearer over the years,don't throw anything original parts away except old oil filters etc of course-lol

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Make sure you have fun, and do what you want. Things can always be changed back, clear blinkers from a vk look good in a vh

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Make sure you have fun, and do what you want. Things can always be changed back, clear blinkers from a vk look good in a vh

personal preference, but I prefer the original orange indicators
When I first bought the SS it was fitted with VK clear indicators. I recently swapped them out for some NOS VH indicators and I reckon it looks heaps better than clear.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
personal preference, but I prefer the original orange indicators
When I first bought the SS it was fitted with VK clear indicators. I recently swapped them out for some NOS VH indicators and I reckon it looks heaps better than clear.

Like you said, personal preference. I'd kill for a set of clear indicators on my Vc because being a yellow car the orange is ugly.. for the op I think either will be fine as long as they are in good nick.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Like you said, personal preference. I'd kill for a set of clear indicators on my Vc because being a yellow car the orange is ugly.. for the op I think either will be fine as long as they are in good nick.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Guy down south at seaford is selling a VB SLE mockup with a 253 in it, for $2800 it has a sunroof and says it comes with a second sunroof?