Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SL Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
heres my VH SL wagon
4 hours of hand polishing later and now its finally on the road
the paint is original
I still have the original wheels but they have 25y/o tyres so they only come out for special occasions
its a 253, with M21. no a/c no p/s just a stocker the only mod con is the cd player but i might yet put the AM back in yet.
next on the list is fit some go fast goddies and restore the engine bay
if i keep it for a while i will put my 304 in it

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Great job mate, but if I can make a suggestion, these early girls in original condition are getting so rare these days, please don't modify her lol?. Grab another cheap one that's already down the modification track and go crazy...Lol just my two bobs..whatever you decide, good luck :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
it used to be a 6 so its not 100% original, but i want to keep it period correct, the go fast bits are just a cam and intake so it goes a little better its sort of slow now pretty much just as fast as my fiesta but sounds much better.
its the original 30 year old paint but it was kept in a garage up until i got it and i now have it under a cover but its been off the road for a while so it needed a good clean and polish.
its also only got 119,000km but the engine has 175,000km
i'll put the old rims on and take some pics tomorrow, it looks much better with the 14's i think but it handles like crap and has no grip.

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Love the vh wagons. Nice car dude.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
First gens on steelies look awesome:)

Good stuff mate.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
attended the RSPCA Illawarra Charity Cruise on the weekend and picked up Top Wagon, pretty happy with that

my SLE rims are almost all polished so should have some tyres fitted next weekend and with some TAX return money I'm leaving some cash handy to feshen up the 304 and maybe venetions.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
got my tyres fitted to the SLE rims
still getting used to it but i think they will grow on me
next thing is the small salisbury diff is coming out and being replaced with a VL BorgWarner 3.45 ratio with mini spool and disk brakes
while that is happening too the front brakes are being replaced with VL turbo spec rotors and calipers and a dual diaphram booster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
i got the nod from the other half saying i am can go and buy a HQ so putting the VH up forsale but don't know what to put on it. carsales seem to be way overpriced, there is a wagon on that similar spec to mine for $7k but i think that way too much. i think about $3500-4000 with pink slip as its currently on historic rego, going to tidy the engine bay up first and repaint the top end of the motor and put new stickers on.
is that price fair or too much?

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Sounds like a very reasonable price mate, a bargain to the correct buyer.