Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SLE how do I remove driver side door card?

Kcim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
Now have the door card off but now onto the next bit that I don’t have any experience with. Are there any advice threads or instructions or YouTube videos etc about how I replace the window (badly scratched) and the other bits and pieces that have worn out or broken via age? I am willing to have a go but some idea about what and how would be helpful. Thanks

Kcim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
Now have the old window out. Have removed the window regular which was completely stuffed. Have removed the Bailey channels which were as hard and brittle as all get (fubar’d was a good description). The exterior chrome trim and rubber seal also needs replacing but haven’t got that off yet.
Have ordered all the new bits (except the glass window!) so now the challenge will be to put all back in working order
Thanks for your advice

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah once changed power window setup to manual on sle...took time to do it carefully reuse everything no damage....mofo' channel rubber were hardened & brittle.

So when wound window it was tight & not stay in channel rubbers properly.

Rear doors said to be a nightmare some weird cable setup best to keep intact.

Clark rubber sell channel rubber much cheaper by metre.