Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SLE TAIL LIGHTS RARE SPARES

Jack Agius

Reaction score
Members Ride
E250 '16, VH SLE '83, 2002 BMW '74, 964 911. ect..
Hey guys! Sooooo after missing out on 3 sets now on fleabay and scumtree I got fed up and gave Rare Spares a call.

1. They will be releasing VH SLE Tail lights and extensions - however not for between 8 - 12 months.... (tooling issues)

2. They will be releasing the upper door belt moulds (all of them) - again 8-12 months due to tooling issues

3. bumper bar rubbers are on the distant horizon.

Personally my past experiences with them have been very frustrating to say the least, door rubbers and kits not fitting correctly and so on, however after my conversation with product wish lists at rare spares has restored my faith....

If you know anything further please post!

HSVBMW

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh vn vt
That is great news, and about time. I sold a nos set 10 years ago for 800.00 and still regret it!
Thanks for the heads up bro.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Good news but if they are anything like the plenum chamber cover then they can keep 'em. Even Holden couldn't get the colour of the front indicator lenses right! (I have a set of offside and nearside NOS front indicator assemblies, both different colour orange....)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Better hope not same saga as getting lc torrie grilles & headlight surrounds...they tried for several years then apparently gave up

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
I think they send all the molds and specs to China and do little to no quality checks for the sake of affordability. For my part I would be happy to pay good money to get a high quality reproduction instead poor fitting, not quite right below minimum standard parts.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Good news but if they are anything like the plenum chamber cover then they can keep 'em. Even Holden couldn't get the colour of the front indicator lenses right! (I have a set of offside and nearside NOS front indicator assemblies, both different colour orange....)
yeah I had to clamp my Rare Spares plenum cover with vice grips and g-clamps and then hit it with the heat gun to make it fit.
Having said that, I had an issue with the coolant reservoir where it kept leaking out the cap. Bought two of them and they did exactly the same thing. I thought bugger it, I'll let them know. I was surprised to find a rep contact me and request more information about when it occured etc. photos etc. I gave him all that. He got back to me and said after some testing they confirmed there was an issue and was going to pull the product temporarily while they spoke with the manufacturer. He promised they would send me out a free replacement once they sorted it out. Took several months, manufacturer had to start from scratch on the moulds, he said the moulds had worn and the lip where the cap seals had distorted. And as promised, they sent me out a replacement. And it was all good.

So if you ever do get a defective product, I guess instead of complaining amoungst ourselves, pass the feedback onto Rare Spares and they might sort it out. Unless they get feedback from the real world users, I guess they just assume people are happy with the products.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So if you ever do get a defective product, I guess instead of complaining amoungst ourselves, pass the feedback onto Rare Spares and they might sort it out. Unless they get feedback from the real world users, I guess they just assume people are happy with the products.

Exactly.....if they don't know it's broke, they can't fix it.

Tants

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE Shadowtone
Interesting as I was at Rares this morning and asked about the tail lights. Maybe my expectations were being managed but I wasn't confident about the SLE tail lights. Interesting chat though as it seems Rares are in discussion with Holden about a lot of the tooling for VT - VE Commodores.

Apparently that's where the money is, not the first gen cars. Hope it isn't true but money talks.

Last-Rites

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 202 Auto NOS Rat Rod Wagon
Hey guys! Sooooo after missing out on 3 sets now on fleabay and scumtree I got fed up and gave Rare Spares a call.

1. They will be releasing VH SLE Tail lights and extensions - however not for between 8 - 12 months.... (tooling issues)

2. They will be releasing the upper door belt moulds (all of them) - again 8-12 months due to tooling issues

3. bumper bar rubbers are on the distant horizon.

Personally my past experiences with them have been very frustrating to say the least, door rubbers and kits not fitting correctly and so on, however after my conversation with product wish lists at rare spares has restored my faith....

If you know anything further please post!

What upper door belt mounts are u missing?

And Bumper bar rubbers?

Im wrecking my VH in darwin and may have what you need. Its been in dry storage for 2 years now.