Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sle

Chev.123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Hi all want to buy a vh sle and would like to know which one out of the whole range is more sought after ?

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
Probably a top 30 dealer special!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Probably a top 30 dealer special!

You'd probably never find one of these for sale. Finding any nice VB-VH Commodore without travelling a long way (unless you live in a capital city) is getting harder and harder.

Most desireable I dare say would be a shadowtone 308 (did they come as a manual? I don't think they did) with some of the unusual options, like trip computer, central locking, power windows (std on the VH?) and cruise control (option or std on VH SLE?) The series 2 alloys are more iconic i'd say. There is a VH SLE getting about Orange that is in nicely maintained condition; lighter metallic green it is. Not sure of the motor in it though.

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
Yep make sure it's an original I.D tagged 308 and one that hasn't been molested to much, they are out there just got to put in the hard yards to find them shadow tone be good to
Good luck

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
do want to own an original sle and keep it that way or one to play with and make your own changes too?

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
You'd probably never find one of these for sale. Finding any nice VB-VH Commodore without travelling a long way (unless you live in a capital city) is getting harder and harder.

Most desireable I dare say would be a shadowtone 308 (did they come as a manual? I don't think they did) with some of the unusual options, like trip computer, central locking, power windows (std on the VH?) and cruise control (option or std on VH SLE?) The series 2 alloys are more iconic i'd say. There is a VH SLE getting about Orange that is in nicely maintained condition; lighter metallic green it is. Not sure of the motor in it though.

not all sles had power windows. it surprising how many are out there without power. 382 option pack is the pick of the cars.

Last edited:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
No manual VH SL/E made, although HDT did get there's factory manual for the SL/E ADP.
Trip comp was factory on al VH SL/Es.
Central locking and power windows, optional on VH SL/Es.
Cruise Control, optional.
The Family 2 wheel, not series two, are common, the older SL/E style rare.

The pick of sought after VH SL/E are factory shadow tone 308. There is the odd TH350 transmission on those too. Lastly there is the T30 VH SL/E as well.

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
No manual VH SL/E made, although HDT did get there's factory manual for the SL/E ADP.
Trip comp was factory on al VH SL/Es.
Central locking and power windows, optional on VH SL/Es.
Cruise Control, optional.
The Family 2 wheel, not series two, are common, the older SL/E style rare.

The pick of sought after VH SL/E are factory shadow tone 308. There is the odd TH350 transmission on those too. Lastly there is the T30 VH SL/E as well.

is the turbo 350 better than the turbo 400, if so why is that
cheers

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
is the turbo 350 better than the turbo 400, if so why is that
cheers
TH400's weren't fitted in any commodore.
If your making big HP numbers the TH400 is the go.
Im putting approx. 480hp through my 350 and it holds up well....although it was built to take 400-450