Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sle

bruggy_vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
Yeah the old fella just spent 10k on the engine and box. It has a 9”diff and your right with the brake upgrade. Original interior with the correct steering wheel and headrests. (In boot)
Well, I might ask the body shop to keep it the way it is, Ice green with the light green shadowtone.

hainzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX SL/R torana, HZ SANDMAN, VH SL/E top 30
I reckon that looks pretty cool. But yeah, look up the top 30 dealer specials. they were maroon or blue i think, and this definitely looks to be based on that paint scheme. Nice pick up!!

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Paint scheme looks copied off 'Top 30 Dealer Special' or think most called them (T30 vh sle) vaguely remember them being maroon interior 5 litre cars with plaque/sign on glovebox...early 80-81 cars
Spot on, they were factory 5litre sle, holden:s made them with plaque to recognize the dealer achievement for being one of the top 30 dealers in the country T30 Dealer Commemorative Vehicle.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Yeah the old fella just spent 10k on the engine and box. It has a 9”diff and your right with the brake upgrade. Original interior with the correct steering wheel and headrests. (In boot)
Well, I might ask the body shop to keep it the way it is, Ice green with the light green shadowtone.
Yeah your paintjob is copy of the T30 Dealer cars paint scheme using green instead of the maroon plus that photo has car paint looking too new to be factory original so it:s been resprayed before with the dark green put over the body ice green colour.

Car being a factory sle with spruce velour and vinyl trim code 39Y, why not do a spruce:ice green shadow tone look like the factory shadow tone paint option. Would look good and unique with the ice green instead of the mercury silver used on all shadow tone cars (code V6Q) Car looks good either way, nice score regardless of $:s paid for it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
T30 paint scheme

1623659932722.jpeg

bruggy_vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
Yeah your paintjob is copy of the T30 Dealer cars paint scheme using green instead of the maroon plus that photo has car paint looking too new to be factory original so it:s been resprayed before with the dark green put over the body ice green colour.

Car being a factory sle with spruce velour and vinyl trim code 39Y, why not do a spruce:ice green shadow tone look like the factory shadow tone paint option. Would look good and unique with the ice green instead of the mercury silver used on all shadow tone cars (code V6Q) Car looks good either way, nice score regardless of $:s paid for it.
Hey lad, so speaking with the last owner. He bought it in 92. It’s a 2 owner car. He said the paint came like that and he didn’t touch it. It only has 180,000 original kms. Such a shame it’s a copy! Damn! If I told you how much I bought it for, you wouldn’t believe me.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Nice pickup

bruggy_vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
Hey boys, I’m struggling to find spruce green vinyl to replace the vinyl that’s come away on my centre console.
Does anyone have a place or know of supply? Or anything! I can’t find it anywhere.

Attachments

• A44F5C7B-D96F-41E3-B728-750BFFF88316.jpeg
    A44F5C7B-D96F-41E3-B728-750BFFF88316.jpeg
    288.1 KB · Views: 92

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6