Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh slx speedo

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
Hey guys

just got a VH SLX which is kickass, but the speedo is junk. The needle isnt stable at any speed and bounces around around with the car constantly. Any idea? i Thought the gears were stuffed but the fact it moves when the car bounces leeds me to belive the whatever the needle is connected to behind the dash

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
mine dose the same thing and the speedo cable had melted on the extractors but mines a v8 wats yours

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
try another speedo and just swap the bits over if its possible, i was able to on my vl with keeping the k's and the needle..though some needles on speedos dont budge so be careful..

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
your speedo cable is a square peg and if it goes in a round hole then itll bouch

capeesh?

lol, sorry will clarify my opinion. either you have not pushed the speedo cable all the way into the back of the speedo or the plasic square hole has worn a little bit round on either your speedo or trans drive gear. it bounces cos' the square edge of the cable only catches 3 out of 5 turns, whips your needle up to the correct speed then slips back to 0 again, over and over again.

check its all the way in the speedo, push that little metal locking tab down till it hits the cable and press it in like a mofo. if that fails... dunno.