Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH system installation

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
i went tothe guys work shop
hes so weird lol completely drug fkd
but he put it in. wired red to yellow and yellow to brown from the lighter plug
hes wired something wrong coz it doesnt save settings when i re start the car = [
he had troble puttin the head unit in coz it couldnt fit so he filed some of it down i think, im not sure i was semi tryna get away from him lol.

oh no lol. He must have thought the yellow wire in place was your constant, which if it was, would work excellent. But the yellow is your ACC, your missing the Constant. So pretty much hes done a more creative design of you wiring the red & yellow to the yellow. It wont hold settings as you have found out.

Yeah Headunits are a prick to fit into early commodores, theres a knack to it, I just cant seem to get it lol. Or you can file it down enough to fit in, but on a wierd angle.

You need to run a constant 12v wire, preferably fused aswell.
If you cant pinch constant 12v from your fuse panel, you can run it straight from your battery through the wire wall, just install an inline fuse as close to the battery as possible.

ezy_4_u

trainee
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
fah ok. ill get my dad to take it back to him coz im not goin there again, fustration is starting to set in...
the speakers i got rnt too good either, i guess theyre ok though for wat i spent

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
fah ok. ill get my dad to take it back to him coz im not goin there again, fustration is starting to set in...
the speakers i got rnt too good either, i guess theyre ok though for wat i spent

Personelly I wouldnt be taking it back to him.
You had your wiring right, just needed to add a 12v constant, which really isnt to hard, or go to a different non-stoned mechanic/ auto-lec.

ezy_4_u

trainee
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
i forgot to write back sorry.
i took it back to him n left him to it and its all sweet now...
i used seaker boxes too to save the hastle of cutting the parcel shelf
thanks ever1 for all ur help
i have learnt a lot and when i get a newer car im ganna know how to do it myself :)

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
Good on ya mate and when you get your new ride, dont be shy to ask questions if you come stuck.