Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vh wagon blue 253, very smokey on coldstart and its not steam and the car gets smokey to

vhwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh wagon, blue 253, quadrajet,
i need help, i know my carby needs a retune because the vacume and the choke dont work to well on my quadrajet and the rear muffler was cut off by last owner but i still have it, the car smokes alot on cold start still she gets warm but still smokes a little when its warm and that inside of the car gets smokey, new exaust, carby problem, any suggestions or ideas will be very much thankful

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
Gonna sound weird but check the biggest rubber hose that goes from carby to front of the driver's side valve cover and make sure its not blocked and that the pcv valve still works. As I said weird but I had a similar issue

Last edited:

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
.. smokes on cold start?
sounds like valve stem oil seals are shot (which allows oil into the combustion chamber)
and
the Quaddie choke not working well? I assume it is the standard one driven by exhaust heat
(and not a leccie one). get a choke kit and fit that... about 10 mins to fit

ps you MUST reset the choke after that (as per the manual.. about 1 minute to do so)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
What colour is smoke black or grey?

As above does the choke work?

oil or vacuum leaks?

Probably would sound & behave better with muffler back on it.

vhwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
I found out last night threw a video on somethings I knew wernt right with the carby and the vacume and the choke arnt working so I need to tune it or get new parts because its been only using the primary butterfly's but the primarys have been stuck open

vhwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride

oil or vacuum leaks?

The smoke colour is a white/grey, the choke and vacuum doesn't work which I was awair of by my father but I didn't really understand how the carby worked and know I know how it works, I need to tune the vacuum so the choke works so the secondary butterfly's work and the primary arnt stuck open

vhwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride

oil or vacuum leaks?

I found out last night threw a video on somethings I knew wernt right with the carby and the vacume and the choke arnt working so I need to tune it or get new parts because its been only using the primary butterfly's but the primarys have been stuck open