Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH wagon soon to be v6 t5

stickym

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Sl wagon and vr executive t5
VH wagon. 202 for the moment NEW PICS

hey guys this is my new wagon , i picked it up a couple of weeks ago, i was goin to rip out the blue 6 and traumatic n place for a vr v6 and t5. but plans have changed so now maybe a 304 efi or rb 30? not sure guys

Name: william

Model: 1982 Vh Wagooon

Colour: gold?

Bodykit: y would you

Engine Type: blue 6

Engine Mods:gas?

Exhaust: lukey extractors,2 1/2 inch, with rear resonator removed sounds heaps better

Gearbox: traumatic

Diff: 3.08 peg legger

Brakes: Stock, pretty sad.

Suspension: 2 in lowered pedders springs in the front . chopped springs in back for now just to get a good height.monroe gas shocks in rear

Wheels/Tyres:Now has VE 19" wheels. modified properly to suit old commos, 245 wide rubber all round

Interior: tidy original
sle type dash with volt meter oil gauge etc but econogauge instead of tacho. slide locks like sle etc

Other Mods: lightly tinted windows, , on gas

Stereo: Pioneer head unit, pretty old

Build Period: havent started

Future Mods: engine conversion of some sort not sure what yet , vt brakes with vt master and vs booster, mini tub, need an adj. panhard rod hopefully a respray , get the lhf door trim matched to the others. needs a good stereo

hopefully pics work this time

VH :: P7210024.jpg picture by stickym - Photobucket

sorry this is the only way i could get pics to happpen

Last edited:

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
need way bigger piks dude.
otherwise sounds good

aussie_muscle_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5s statesman
nice but can i ask y waste time going from a 6 to a 6?? wouldnt you be better off with a nice 308?? or a injected 304?, if it was me i wouldnt waste time or money on a v6 when that 202 u already have will last longer.........

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
nice but can i ask y waste time going from a 6 to a 6?? wouldnt you be better off with a nice 308?? or a injected 304?, if it was me i wouldnt waste time or money on a v6 when that 202 u already have will last longer.........

Because 308's are guttless?

Honestly the v6 into older commodores is mint. Having a old car that you know, starts first pop in the morning, and doesn't rape the gas, while still maintain decent performance is mint! Brother has a v6/t5 in his VB and it goes awesome, even more so with a turbo but yeah.

Will be keeping a eye on this one, looks awesome!

aussie_muscle_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5s statesman
pffft have u driven a worked 308??

yeah the v6 might go alright but how long is it going to last, you would be way better off with a injected 304 just my 5 cents.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Nothing wrong with a buick motor, they're a tough little engine.
They have more power than a stocko 308, and the older gen commodores are a few 100 Kgs lighter than the VN-VR's so it should move along alright. Be more reliable than the old 6 and more fuel efficient.
Other than the sound, or the fact that **man voice** "its a V8" the V6 isn't a bad option.

For $ to $ comparison the V6 wins out IMO. A worked 308 is probly going to pull bigger numbers, and faster times, but if its going to be a daily that you want a better motor in than the old 6 I rekon its a smart move. ;)

End rant/

Anyway, looks like a nice car mate, and a good project. Keep us posted!
Bigger pics are a must though :)

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
looks ok from what you can tell from those tiny pics. I agree with Zeussy though unless your chasing 1/4 time the v6 is definatly the better option these days.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
an EFI 5L is significantly quicker than a V6....
and it doesn't take much to get a carb 308 to flog a V6 either.

but I agree, nothing wrong with a V6. A V8 isn't practical for everyone. Cost of rego, insurance and extra fuel consumption.
The V6 has plenty of power, good economy and you get all the driveability benefits of EFI.

all the best with it mate, it's a popular conversion

stickym

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Sl wagon and vr executive t5
eoi

ok guys i am looking to see if there is any expressions or interest in the car , as as always plans change . the car now has a set of VE SV6 wheels on it with good tread looks good . anyone keen on the car ?