Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vhange the Vt boot garnish to VX

japozzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Calais
change the Vt boot garnish to VX

I own a VT Calais and want to change the boot garnish to the VX Calais, firstly can it be done, if so how much work and what cost am I looking at? If anyone has done it could they post some pics............thanks

Last edited:

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
japozzi said:
I own a VT Calais and want to change the boot garnish to the VX Calais, firstly can it be done, if so how much work and what cost am I looking at? If anyone has done it could they post some pics............thanks
Hi yes it can be done i got my vx calais garnish and lights and all the harnesses required from Holmart brand holden for $400.00 fits straight on you lose the boot keylock as there is no provision for it in the Garnish no the wiring is a bit tricky as you know the reverse lights are in the garnish with the vx there in the lights themselves the lights plug straight in but only the drivers side reverse light will work you need to run a wire from t the drivers side reverse wire and run it along to the passenger side and t in into the reverse wire. then the lights/brakes that are in the garnish have adifferent plug to the vt 1 so i just cut the plugs of both ends and joined them that way with male/female clips all in all fairly easy to do and looks a lot better oh you also have to paint the number plate section to the colour of you car cost me $50.00
Cuckoo

Attachments

• P1010075.JPG
    P1010075.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 353
  • P1010076.JPG
    P1010076.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 356
  • P1010077.JPG
    P1010077.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 422
  • P1010078.JPG