Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vibrating VS.....HELP im going nutZ

G

ghostVS

hey people, i own a 95 VS V8 commo ute S. & the thing just wont stop vibrating :mad: .

i thought it was my wheel balance because it vibrated really badly @50kms and only got worse as i went up in speed.

so i got new tyres and a wheel balance and wheel alignment.

this helped a fair bit but now the ute vibrates at 100-110kms but its not when im acellerating it s mainly when im coasting along. it resonates through the entire ute and makes it sound like a 15" subby at a really low frequency.

now before u point the finger at the taishaft, i had the tailshaft redone at the same time sa the gearbox because the CV joint shat itself.

thanx in advance

Camz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Equip "Clubbie" Lookalike!
Howdy GhostVS,
Just a thought,
Do you have 17" rims with low profile tyres?
I ask as wheels of this size & larger are prone to "wheel wobble" or twists if hit at speed by a pothole.
This would give the effect of an out of balance wheel even after balancing.
When you had new tyres fitted did the tyre tech mention anything about buckled rims?
Just a thought.........
Let us know how you go!

G

ghostVS

yeah i do actually.. but the tyre tech guy didnt mention anything..:(

ill put the steelies back on and give the ute a good run on the freeway and see how it goes.

theres also a bit of pulsating when comming to a stop.. so im going to get my disks machined on the week end..

thanks cams

G

ghostVS

UPDATE:well i got the disks machined and the pulsating is gone but the vibration at 100-110 is still there. while pulling out the disks i discovered that my front shockies are leaking bigtime.. also the radius rod bushes look really worn and the passenger side tie rod end also needs replacing

so its off to pedders to order a few bitz n pieces

and hopefully the problem will be solved.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Sounds like you just found your problem, Pedders suspension and safety check will give you a few idea's.