Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vibration and crusie control not working

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive wagon 3.6
I had falcon with dirty wheel sensors that messed with the abs causing shufdering would also mess with your cruise control
Thanks will have a look over the weekend could very well be what's wrong like I said only just brought car and don't know how long it's been since brakes where done so will check them out and go from there I'm guessing

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Take the wheels off is best to check pads and rotors.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Sounds like Rotors,
Machine the existing ones, or Replace them and always install new pads on machined disks,
Always check the condition of the caliper piston boots,

What I have always done before depressing the pistons,
Just peel back the piston boot seal with a blunt tool/object, [CAREFULLY, NOT TO DAMAGE THE SEAL],
and pour a small amount of brake fluid into the piston boot, this helps when pressing the piston/s back in the caliper,
So you not forcing a "dry piston" past the piston caliper seal, and saves it from being damaged.

Then when the piston/s are depressed, hose the caliper down with water, so excess brake fluid is not flung around the car when you road test it.
Then check the brake fluid hasn't overflowed/leak out of the master cylinder on to the paint in the engine bay, again always hose it down.

On a side note to your issue -
If you install LED Tail/Brake lights, they also disables the Cruise control from operating.
The ECU/BMC replies, and measures a certain amount of current being drawn through the electrics/electronics,
Hence the reason it self tests
Where the LED Brake Lights draw so little current, it plays havoc with the ECU/BMC.

PS:
LED Globes seem like a good idea, IMHO, don't waste you time and money,
Been there and done that,
Yes you can put load resistors in to compensate for the LED Globes low current draw, but again, time and money, and some individual LED's fail and/or flash, so you back to square one again, replacing globes
I re-fitted incandescent [filament] globes after about 2 or 3 months.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
ED Globes seem like a good idea, IMHO, don't waste you time and money,
Been there and done that,
Yes you can put load resistors in to compensate for the LED Globes low current draw, but again, time and money, and some individual LED's fail and/or flash, so you back to square one again, replacing globes
I re-fitted incandescent [filament] globes after about 2 or 3 months.
i only use commercial quality incandescent globes, they last for years and years
either buy from dealership or at auto parts store, ask for commercial quality globes

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
He has fixed the cruise control!!
Who pushers the piston that far back, use the old brake pad and a G-Clamp if you cant push them back using your hand, always use the old pad to press them back flush.

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
I got wiring gremlins in my VT some times cruise control doesn’t work and the other day my AC, well, the fans wouldn’t work (ac or heater) and the cruise control aswell at that point.
I’m a windows open kinda guy so AC doesn’t get used much, sometime the cruise control will be on but not active and when you activate it all the lights (for cruise) dissapear and it just doesn’t work. Usually after that you can’t even get the cruise light to turn on let alone activate it. Doesn’t happen all that much but it pisses me off....

Also sometimes it sounds like the indicator is going nuts but nothing is flashing. Just get the tick tick sound from behind the dash randomly... **** with the high beams and indicator stick a bit and it stops.....

Any thoughts will be investigated. Thankyou

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive wagon 3.6
I had same other day stalk I tried to see if that was problem had too tik without the blinkers being on just put old one back in as crusie has decided to play up again will turn on and activate then after so long will just turn off and not work untill it seems like module has cooled down am thinking maybe faulty module so my next question is do u need to replace the module with one that has same letters and numbers on side or will anyone from a vt do

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive wagon 3.6
Maybe just gremlins though as sometime my driver's door refuses to unlock as well don't know need to do a full suss out am just waiting till I get the time as I HATE working on electrics

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I got wiring gremlins in my VT some times cruise control doesn’t work and the other day my AC, well, the fans wouldn’t work (ac or heater) and the cruise control aswell at that point.
I’m a windows open kinda guy so AC doesn’t get used much, sometime the cruise control will be on but not active and when you activate it all the lights (for cruise) dissapear and it just doesn’t work. Usually after that you can’t even get the cruise light to turn on let alone activate it. Doesn’t happen all that much but it pisses me off....

Also sometimes it sounds like the indicator is going nuts but nothing is flashing. Just get the tick tick sound from behind the dash randomly... **** with the high beams and indicator stick a bit and it stops.....

Any thoughts will be investigated. Thankyou

I think a new indicator stalk is in order.

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
Maybe just gremlins though as sometime my driver's door refuses to unlock as well don't know need to do a full suss out am just waiting till I get the time as I HATE working on electrics

should get plenty of time with the COVID 19 running around