Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vibration and shavings in oil.

Jacque

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
Hi all,

I Have noticed a vibration around 2000rpm (comes around then, then goes) and maybe at a higher rpm, hard to tell. Ive done a oil change and noticed very small shavings in the oil, some appear to be copper? what should I be looking at before I make the call to strip the engine down?

Engine mods etc. Ls3, magnuson supercharger, cam, highflow oil pump.. also engine rebuilt 40k km ago.

Thanks.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I know it won't attract copper, but I'd be getting a magnetic sump plug in there asap and see what it grabs while your working it out.

Ryan Licastro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-SS S2
Hi all,

I Have noticed a vibration around 2000rpm (comes around then, then goes) and maybe at a higher rpm, hard to tell. Ive done a oil change and noticed very small shavings in the oil, some appear to be copper? what should I be looking at before I make the call to strip the engine down?

Engine mods etc. Ls3, magnuson supercharger, cam, highflow oil pump.. also engine rebuilt 40k km ago.

Thanks.
Perhaps it's something to do with the valvetrain...and small parts getting smashed together with the cam??