Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vibration at Speed

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its one of your rear tyres that isnt exactly round at high speed. Swap your spare with them one at a time to eliminate the good tyres from the bad tyre, then just replace the bad tyre. This happened to one of my rear tyres after i had put over 2000ks on it. its just a defect.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
It wont be rims or tyres if the vibration comes and goes, they would cause a constant vibration. Buckled rim would be obvious when balancing even with tyres fitted to rims.

Wheel bearing will be noisy and the noise will change when you veer left to right, also raise the car and grab the tyre at the top and bottom and see if theres any play in the wheel pushing the top and in pulling the bottom out and vice versa.

Tie rod ends worth a look, if you replace them measure how much thread is visible on the old ones and fit the new ones the same, saves realigning. (Presuming the new are identical to old)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Oh and brake shudder is caused by warped rotors/excessive runout which is common on commodores and caused by overheating the brakes. Fixed with a skim if theres enough meat left on them and wise to fit new pads to get maximum performance.