Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vibration between 80km/h - 85km/h

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
my vp has a vibration between 80 - 85 km/h but its only when when 4th gear engages it starts, the gear box is fine fluid is not burnt, its a nice redish, fluid level is fine. after you pass that speed the vibration stops, so normally when it starts i bump it back to the white D then when the revs hit 2000 i put it in the blue D and the revs drop somewhere between 1600 - 1800 rpm at 100km/h and cruises along nicely anyone have any ideas?

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I've heard that the vibration is something to do with the torque converter, can't remember what exactly though. Look it up on google. :)
I know a few people who own cars that do this, but it's never really resulted in failure.

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
im not really worried about it atm because i got a car new car to do up, but i was just wondering if anyone else has had the problem, im thinking the car has a really really good gearbox because it doesn't matter how hard you up it , it always changes verry smoothly because you cant feel it change gears but if you listen you just hear the engine noise drop, its a hell of a lot smoother than my mates stock vu ute with only 100,000km on it and mine has at least 280,000km on it, not actually sure as its a different dash in because when i pulled it out it has VN V6 written on top

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
my vp has a vibration between 80 - 85 km/h but its only when when 4th gear engages it starts, the gear box is fine fluid is not burnt, its a nice redish, fluid level is fine. after you pass that speed the vibration stops, so normally when it starts i bump it back to the white D then when the revs hit 2000 i put it in the blue D and the revs drop somewhere between 1600 - 1800 rpm at 100km/h and cruises along nicely anyone have any ideas?

Had the same problem. Also pointed to the gearbox as the problem but ended up being a blocked injector which meant I was running on 5 cylinders. Cleaned the injector out and the vibrations stoped. I think when you loose a cylinder you put the engine out of balance? Correct me if Im wrong

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
It can feel out of balance, yep. :) Although technically, the engine itself is still balanced.