Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vibration when playing music

kartsundar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
I recently installed a pioneer head unit, clarion amp and 6x9 infinity speakers through autobarn. When i play music, i get this irritation vibration noise. My question is, is that because of poor installation or some other reason. Its really irritating and cannot play music at all. If i take it to Autobarn, will they fix it up for me? I took this to my usual mechanic and he said the reason is poor installation. Need advice on this

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
sounds like the reason is poor installation..

Autobarn should fix it if they installed it and its a **** job.. Could be the speakers vibrating in their enclosures or something

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I recently installed a pioneer head unit, clarion amp and 6x9 infinity speakers through autobarn. When i play music, i get this irritation vibration noise. My question is, is that because of poor installation or some other reason. Its really irritating and cannot play music at all. If i take it to Autobarn, will they fix it up for me? I took this to my usual mechanic and he said the reason is poor installation. Need advice on this

Where is this vibration coming from? If its coming from some random part of your car than thats the price of loud music. If the amp or speakers are vibrating than maybe tighten the screws.

kartsundar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
The vibration comes from the rear window...seems like a poor installation...

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I doubt it. Here try something for me. Jump in the car and crank the music until you hear the noise. Then I want you to place your fingers between the parcel shelf carpet and the rear windscreen, this will probably fix your problem.

It is very very common your the carpet to hit the windscreen when vibrating from music. I have a few link pin bushes jammed between mine, and I know another member here has a monkey toy in his.