Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vibrations when sitin at the lights

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
Hi all

Just got my new VX II Calais. When you stop in drive and in park or nuetral, there is a kind of vibrating/stalling feeling. Now the revs dont move at all. I was thinking it could be broken engine mount? The vibration is more noticable in Drive.
Any thoughts?

Cheers Frank

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
The GENIII's tend to have a little bit of an odd idle at times, sort of like they miss a beat here and there, I think it is to do with the firing order of the cylinders as it is a different firing order to most V8's.
I bought my VX SS brand new and it has a little bit of a chop now and then,
not all the time but I do notice it now and then, it has been like that from brand new. Yours may be different but what I am saying is they do tend to have a bit of a chop every now and then when idling.

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
Yea i noticed that with a few that i test drove before this one. But this idle tends to be quite a harsh vibration at times. Not all the time but enough to annoy me

Frank

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Have the engine mounts checked it's nothing to do, They will tell/show you on the spot.

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
Yea will try and get it on a hoist soon.
Also another thing. When engine is cold there is a knock/tapping sound comping from the motor. Sticky lifters? Noisy injectors? Are the commys renound for this kind a stuff?
If owned Falcons all my life this is my 1st Holden so still learning lol

Cheers Frank

buzuki

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim wagon S1
typical gen3 lol, dont think ive heard one that doesnt knock when started.

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
Really, wat causes that?

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
hey guys. Just spent nealry $1000 on a sevice and still a bad idle! Engine mounts are fine. It got service at holden and they couldnt find any problem. Now i drive the car everyday and i know that the idle isnt normal. Basically everything was changed, flushed etc except the plugs and leads basically. Now if it was a plug or lead issue, would it tend to get a worse idle, as mine is doing, as the engine gets hotter? Or would it be consisted from cold to hot. Theres no issue under load or anythin like that, runs like a dream. Also had a mate say it could be the 02 sensors? I dont know too much about them. Any thoughts?

Help appreciated guys

Cheers Frank

hoon_FG

Reaction score
Members Ride
468rwhp FG FPV F6
I was having the same problem with my VT 3 weeks prior it went off the road for good. it threw a couple of main bearings and rings.

but she'll be back on the road anyways then again I might get carried away with mods and cosmetic while she's off the road. :yeah:

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
well thats reassuring..... hope its not that bad