Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vibrations!!!

R

RevHead1313

Hey ppl,
I,ve got a vibration in my driveline and i was wondering if you guys might know wat it is.

At first I thought my driveshaft needed to be balanced, but then I noticed that it only vibrates in 3rd gear (auto),no matter what speed im doing, sometimes its worse then other times and it does it all the time in 3rd gear (not just when acclerating).

Any help would be appreciated as it is driving me insane:bang:

Cheers
TJ

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
as a start, replace the engine mounts and transmission extension mount

they are rubber and on a VS are probably cracked or disintegrated by now

then from there look at the centre bearing or unis

90% it will be one of those

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
When you say it does it all the time in third gear, how are you sure it is 3rd gear - I'm flat out detecting the change from 3rd to 4th gear and its only by the tacho that I know the convertor is locked.

H

HATER VP

Ur probley thinking of when it locks up in 4th. Otherwise knowen as fake 5th

R

RevHead1313

hako said:
When you say it does it all the time in third gear, how are you sure it is 3rd gear - I'm flat out detecting the change from 3rd to 4th gear and its only by the tacho that I know the convertor is locked.

I know its only 3rd gear because when i put it into 3rd gear it vibrates and when its in drive and goes from 2nd to 3rd it starts to vibrate, once it changes to forth the vibration goes away.

It does matter how fast i am going, if its in 3rd gear it vibrates