Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Anit Hoon laws have gone to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenners

Fenners
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Berlina Wagon
This is an absolute Joke, These Hoon laws are really starting to go too far.

We do have rights you know. and we need to stand up for ourselves and protest against these hugely unfair and grotesque laws.

30 day inpoundment for the first offence Far out that will cost around $2500 in inpound fees.

3 months jail for second offence,

3rd offence car will be crushed.

Other laws have been announced that cars will be crashed on a first offence basis of being found to be driving a "illegally" modified vehicle.
WHAT A LOAD OF S@#T.

A political war has erupted over hoon drivers in Victoria, with the government and opposition both announcing plans to crush the cars of repeat offenders.
Less than a week after the tragic deaths of five teenagers in a horror crash in Melbourne's north, both political parties seized on public sentiment to do more to stop young people dying on the state's roads.
On Friday morning, Opposition Leader Ted Baillieu announced his side would introduce tough new anti-hoon laws if elected at the state poll in November.
He said this would include immediate 30-day vehicle impoundment for a first hoon offence and completion of a safe driving course, up to three months jail for a second offence, and forfeiture and crushing of vehicles for a third offence once parts were stripped and sold.
"We want to send a strong message to those people who would offend and the crushing of cars has worked in other jurisdictions," Mr Baillieu said.
"Hoon driving as a problem is getting worse in Victoria and it has to be addressed.
"We want to send a very strong message to those people who would drive as hoons and who would put themselves at risk and put the community at risk."
Three hours later, Transport Accident Commission Minister Tim Holding announced the government intended to introduce new anti-hoon laws this year that also included crushing cars.
He denied the plan was a reaction to the opposition's announcement, saying Premier John Brumby had already announced earlier this week that all options for dealing with hoon drivers were on the table.
Mr Holding said the opposition's plan was "ill-conceived" and put "political opportunism before sound public policy formulation".
"I can say today that as a government we are willing to crush the cars of dangerous hoon drivers when those cars have been confiscated, in certain circumstances," he said.
Mr Holding said the government was "working through" its policy and "making sure we identify any unintended consequences" from seizing and crushing cars, before a full policy announcement was made.
The initial plan included giving the courts two options for dealing with third time offenders - crushing cars, or selling them.
If a car was sold, the money would pay out any existing debt on the car, and any surplus would be given to victims of crime.
If a vehicle was declared unsafe or had been illegally modified to a point where it was unsafe, it would be crushed.
First time offenders would have their cars impounded or immobilised for a week and second time offenders could have their vehicle impounded for up to three months or lose it forever.
Just 18 months ago Police Minister Bob Cameron criticised another opposition proposal to crush hoon cars as "short-sighted, populist and completely irresponsible".

WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BEFORE THIS GOES TO FAR AND WE LOST BECOME VICTIMS OF THESE RIDICULOUS LAWS.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Why protest the laws? Just don't hoon and you don't have to worry about loosing your license or getting your car crushed. Works great for most of us.

Fenners

Fenners
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Berlina Wagon
But thats not what is going on. they are starting to focus on things outside of this "hooning"
Please i will say this now, i am NOT excusing hooning. but they are now targeting car enthusiasts.
People doing burnouts, excessive speeding, dragging, drifting etc outside of the track. Yes enforce the law on them. but they are now wanting to start crushing cars for "illegal" modification

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
But thats not what is going on. they are starting to focus on things outside of this "hooning"
Please i will say this now, i am NOT excusing hooning. but they are now targeting car enthusiasts.
People doing burnouts, excessive speeding, dragging, drifting etc outside of the track. Yes enforce the law on them. but they are now wanting to start crushing cars for "illegal" modification

im all for crushing vns with chopped springs

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
:lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock: :nopity: :nopity: :nopity:

that is all.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR

I didn't see anything about modifications in that blurb you posted, but my answer is the same - follow the rules and you have nothing to worry about.

Why are you putting quotes around "illegal"? Are you contesting their definition of what constitutes an illegal mod?

Fenners

Fenners
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Berlina Wagon
but what are they classing as "illegal" modifcation? a car that has been lowered with lowered springs and lowered shocks and is 5mm too low? Cam? Exhaust? Intake? because in the real picture these make the car no long comply with its emissions testing.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
but what are they classing as "illegal" modifcation? a car that has been lowered with lowered springs and lowered shocks and is 5mm too low? Cam? Exhaust? Intake? because in the real picture these make the car no long comply with its emissions testing.

Permits, modifications & defects : VicRoads

The law is the law, if your car is 5mm too low you have two options, get it fixed, or risk your car being crushed. Same deal for engine mods, you can do it by the book and have it cleared by VicRoads (or whatever your local road authority is), or you can fly by night and take the risk someone will notice.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
ladies, this is the section for cruises and meets, can we move this to the pub or general section please?

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
i would 100% agree with the laws if the government provide a place for people to hoon AKA a DRAG STRIP.......

adelaide doesnt have one /endrant

Status
Not open for further replies.