Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Anit Hoon laws have gone to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
this reminds me of those people who protest for jail inmates' rights. it's just plain coincidence they all look like crims themselves, of course.

take the *$*(% hint, drive in a responsible manner and you won't care what they do with hoons. i used to be a hoon. i paid a lot of money in fines. i was dumb - i saw the light. but don't complain when you get caught, it's pathetic.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
True and I believe fines should be levied against your taxable income but you left out the part just after that where I said "If It "hoon" in a new $150,000 walkie my extra fine is $150,000! I could even be a parents car."

Why should the parent pay for what their child, an adult in most of these cases, does?

Edit: While I believe that's the way fines should work it's not the case in this country. Until all fines are levied by income, none should.

Well, that would be a very unfortunate conversation to have with your parents! I must say though, if my kid got done hooning in my $150k car once (assuming I'd even lend it to them in the first place!) there's no chance in hell they'd be given the keys for a 2nd try :p Remember the car doesn't get crushed for just one offence, it takes two or three incidents.

As for the "all or nothing" thing, I don't see why - you gotta start somewhere.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Why should the parent pay for what their child, an adult in most of these cases, does?

believe it or not, when you lend someone your car, you have a responsibility to ensure it is used in an appropriate manner. if you fail to fulfil that responsibility, there are repercussions.

this is the purpose of registration - you nominate yourself as the registered operator of the vehicle. someone clocks a speeding fine, you cop it in the mail.

if you lend your son your car and he loses it for hooning, it's sweet justice as far as i'm concerned.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Just don't hoon and you don't have to worry about loosing your license or getting your car crushed. Works great for most of us.

or just don't get caught

Lady Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
But its not always the people that are "hooning" that are getting hit. Its anyone and everyone!!!!! You ask anyone out there, L's, P's and full licensed, just because they have a modified car as soon as the coppers are sitting there bored twiddling there thumbs they immediately look for a modified car of any type and follow it or even run your plates, this is only the beginning, soon they'll be pulling over everyone and doing full checks of cars and doing you for everything and ANYTHING they can see.

Such as; why should one person be given the same consequences for have a car 5mm to low compared to someone doing 200km in a residential street?

Or, being pulled over for nothing and having your car safety check when you weren't even doing anything?!?!?! Just dropping a mate home.

Or, being followed just because you have a lovely commodore.

Seriously?
Dunno about you guys, but its not right AT all.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
believe it or not, when you lend someone your car, you have a responsibility to ensure it is used in an appropriate manner. if you fail to fulfil that responsibility, there are repercussions.

this is the purpose of registration - you nominate yourself as the registered operator of the vehicle. someone clocks a speeding fine, you cop it in the mail.

if you lend your son your car and he loses it for hooning, it's sweet justice as far as i'm concerned.

There can be no such "responsibility" as you are not there. This is not the purpose of registration at all. The purpose of registration is to be able to track the vehicle. It is your responsibility to dob in the wrong doer that used your car but you are not responsible for what they do in it. You tell the police "wasn't me! I lent it to Jules!" and that's who they go after.

If that was the case I could borrow your car, rob a bank, and you'd be in gaol for 10 years with me. Doesn't work that way at all.

Lady Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
**Quote:
Originally Posted by danja
Just don't hoon and you don't have to worry about loosing your license or getting your car crushed. Works great for most of us.

or just don't get caught**

But people who ARENT hooning are getting the same f***n treatment ey?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
this reminds me of those people who protest for jail inmates' rights. it's just plain coincidence they all look like crims themselves, of course.

take the *$*(% hint, drive in a responsible manner and you won't care what they do with hoons. i used to be a hoon. i paid a lot of money in fines. i was dumb - i saw the light. but don't complain when you get caught, it's pathetic.

Hehe.. I wonder if I look like a crim.. What does a crim look like? Alan Bond? Charles Manson? Billy next door? I bet you can tell a crim when you see one! :hit:

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Robbing a bank and hooning, good comparison. Said it before and I'll say it again if your dumb enough to risk losing your $150 000 car by doing something stupid then you deserve to loose it. No giving special treatment to someone that has more money, not in my books. If you have that expensive car and feel the need to be a knob then perhaps you should go buy a $500 bomb to do it in that as I'm sure you can afford it!

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
There can be no such "responsibility" as you are not there.

in the case of confiscating cars involved in hooning, i can promise you the intention was to punish whoever lent the car out. it wasn't a mistake, something they didn't think of. think about it - if the car had to be returned because it belonged to someone else, it's easy to see how hoons would exploit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.