Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Anit Hoon laws have gone to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
in the case of confiscating cars involved in hooning, i can promise you the intention was to punish whoever lent the car out. it wasn't a mistake, something they didn't think of. think about it - if the car had to be returned because it belonged to someone else, it's easy to see how hoons would exploit that.

Great! So we have moved to a society that punishes the innocent for the wrong doings of others when they cannot possibly know what is being done and you're fine with that.. While we are doing this maybe we should visit the sins of the father onto the sons for the next 7 generations! Lets get Old Testament on our citizens arses as well.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Robbing a bank and hooning, good comparison. Said it before and I'll say it again if your dumb enough to risk losing your $150 000 car by doing something stupid then you deserve to loose it. No giving special treatment to someone that has more money, not in my books. If you have that expensive car and feel the need to be a knob then perhaps you should go buy a $500 bomb to do it in that as I'm sure you can afford it!

Damn straight it was a good example, I suggest reading it again.. Jules said you are responsible for what people do in your car even when you are not there.. Doesn't matter what they do, therefore a fine example.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
If you know your mates a knob and you give him your car should you be excused? and if you get a mates car impounded how many more of your mates will lend you their cars? I can understand punishing the owner cause as someone else wrote it means that you can't just go out and borrow someones car and and be an idiot and then just cop a slap on the wrist for it, you will find yourself quickly running out of mates if you do.

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
Only problem I can see with crushing cars is that if someone knows they're on their last strike they will NOT pull over for the police, and this will have repercussions of it's own...
Just a thought.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yes confiscation is unfair as different people get fined different rates based on their cars worth. also, people that know they are going to lose their car forever are much more likely to attempt an escape.

maybe people should have some kind of protest, seems to work for the indians and taxi drivers. anyone want to block federation square for a few days? maybe get a thousand cars to travel around the CBD in protest, increasing traffic. i dont know. dont really care. i dont drive like a ********, but im sure there is eventually going to be people getting impounded for no good reason, such as a slight chirp, or a cop that thinks he heard a burnout, and the closest modified commodore mustve been the one that did it. all i know is im getting bloody tired about hearing of some stupid new hoon law thats going to be introduced every time some moron p plater smashes into a tree

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
At my local RTA they check height with a coke can... knock it over and you fail!!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
At my local RTA they check height with a coke can... knock it over and you fail!!

well thats not right. minimum height is 100mm yeah? well a coke can is like 140mm. something useful i found the other day is a VR-VZ key is exactly 10cm long. useful for quickly using it under the car if you are unsure

Lady Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
maybe people should have some kind of protest, seems to work for the indians and taxi drivers. anyone want to block federation square for a few days? maybe get a thousand cars to travel around the CBD in protest, increasing traffic. i dont know. dont really care. i dont drive like a ********, but im sure there is eventually going to be people getting impounded for no good reason, such as a slight chirp, or a cop that thinks he heard a burnout, and the closest modified commodore mustve been the one that did it. all i know is im getting bloody tired about hearing of some stupid new hoon law thats going to be introduced every time some moron p plater smashes into a tree

I agree, increasing traffic would be gay though, no one likes that -_- major pain and BORING!
A fed square protest sounds amazing!

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Yeh its a country town, RTA are extremely lazy, my mate and me got pulled over and they made him driver over one to prove his height was legal.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
yes confiscation is unfair as different people get fined different rates based on their cars worth. also, people that know they are going to lose their car forever are much more likely to attempt an escape.

Vic is a bit far for me but if it was NSW then you'd certainly have a 50yo fart on your blockies;) I know my Commodore is easy to step out a little around here when it's raining and you cross slippery white paint on the road. Especially at the top of a particular hill where there's arrows lines and it's up hill onto the main road and you need to be able to give it a little to get out. Hooning indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.