Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Anit Hoon laws have gone to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
if you have complained about the hoon laws then u probably are a repeat offender and instead of crushing your cars VicRoads should put your car on diplay at local shopping centre and sell tickets to who ever wants a turn at smashing it up with a sledge hammer. I'd buy a ticket for that! slow down drive smart and smash it at the track and you have nothing to worry about

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Hoon laws are much like Workchoices, everyone knew someone who had a horror story, but when push come to shove there was no evidence the horror story ever happened.

Fact of the matter is, do something wrong, expect to be punished like everything else out there.

I've got evidence of a workchoices horror story. Once i find a cable for my phone I'll get you photos of said horror story.

Ever seen what human flesh looks like after having 1600 degree celcius molten steel poured over it?

Don't you even consider trying to tell me that workchoices/worksafe has ANY F*&ing idea how to run a decent organisation.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
I've got evidence of a workchoices horror story. Once i find a cable for my phone I'll get you photos of said horror story.

Ever seen what human flesh looks like after having 1600 degree celcius molten steel poured over it?

Don't you even consider trying to tell me that workchoices/worksafe has ANY F*&ing idea how to run a decent organisation.

The thing is though, your story may be terrible but thats what happens in the poorer nations around the world every minute of every day whether it was their own fault or not. So have some sympathy for some of those people too. Where are their work choices?

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tell me where the poorer nation is that runs electric arc furnaces, and I'll share sympathy for them.
**Yes, people get hurt at work around the world every minute of everyday. Yes they should have some sort of compensation scheme to look after them,
NO it should not, in anyway shape or form being anything like what we have here.

Live through the program and than judge me for my views.

****Edit: Yes I know India does run EAF's, but they have been doing it for the last 80-odd years, and thier accident rate is far less than
ours because it is a national pride to create high quality products, where-as the typical aussie couldn't give a f*&k who's leg gets burnt off
so long as its not his.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Workchoices was a framework under which peoples employment terms and conditions were negoitiated. Worksafe don't run any organisation other than themselves.

Reaper

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
^^^ I am well aware that they are differing organisations.
But in the event of an 'accident' they are both called into question.
Especially when you work for a labour-hire company on another companies site when the accident occurs, and they have to decide who is to blame.

I do know a thing or two about this, as it has been my life for the last 16months.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
^^^ I am well aware that they are differing organisations.
But in the event of an 'accident' they are both called into question.
Especially when you work for a labour-hire company on another companies site when the accident occurs, and they have to decide who is to blame.

I do know a thing or two about this, as it has been my life for the last 16months.

I presume you have had the accident which is terrible. I don't see what workchoices had to do with it as bargaining away health and safety was never an option under work choices, nor any other industrial relations system (nor should it ever be considered).

The role of Worksafe in this situation would be to investigate the accident and prosecute those responsible if laws have been broken. In my experience it's something they take very seriously.

Sorry to hear of your injury and I hope you are well and truly on the way to recovery.

Reaper

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good luck getting them to investigate when the investigator has been on the books for god knows how long......

Its amazing the things you un-cover during your own digging around.

Yeah, im recovering pretty well. won't go into detail here. Thanks for the sympathy Reaper.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Good luck getting them to investigate when the investigator has been on the books for god knows how long......

Don't quite follow you on that one??

Reaper

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
The workcover/worksafe guy that used to come out to where i was working was being paid off to ignore all the saftey issues - you should of seen this place!

When it came time to investigate, the clothing i was wearing at the time of the accident was given to him, and never made it back to head office.

Upside of all of this is I have ended up with a better job with the company i was outsourced to (where the accident took place), and I am now in charge of among other things - safety equipment (PPE), and our National issue notification service.

Hopefully what happened to me, won't be able to happen to anyone else. We have put a range of different changes into effect to try and circumvent the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.